Life is Grand!!!

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Cash? What's that???

I don't carry cash and I never have. It's just not in my routine. I deposit my paychecks (via the ATM) and then go on my way. I hardly ever withdraw cash from my bank account. In fact, when I do have cash in my wallet, it feels so weird. I horde it for weeks since I'm not used to spending it and it makes me feel rich with it in my possession. Then I would usually spend it on fast food since they only took cash.

But now all fast food places around here take the card! About 9 last night I was craving a roast beef sandwich (from here), but as usual, I didn't have any cash. Boy was I happy to see that Visa sign!!! I was able to appease the baby with a late night snack...and a jamocha shake (hmmmmm!!!).

Seeing that credit card sign also has it's drawbacks. I used to be able to save money (and help my waist line) by not having the cash to stop and eat, but now I can eat whenever and where ever I want! It's really not helping my bank account!!! But, do you know how great it feels to charge $1.59 on my card for one of these?

9
Blogger loelsh said...

Same here, I hardly ever have cash and if I do, it's never more than $10 (and that's mostly to give my 3rd grader lunch money on pizza day).

I mean, really, there's no need to carry it. Everywhere you go takes a card. Well, except for CiCi's but that's another story.

It pretty much makes things easier. Now when I see people outside of stores selling things or asking for donations, I can tell them I don't have any cash and it's not a lie!

March 29, 2006 9:33 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

I never have cash, either. In fact, I always feel dumb going into a gas station or Walgreens to buy a pop and a candy bar or a pop-tart or something and having to use plastic. I just don't carry the green stuff.

But, Lo, I always tell beggars or street collectors that I don't have cash, even if I do. I am my own charity. In fact, if anyone wants to donate to the "Guru is a Poor MammaJamma Fund", I will gladly take all manner of donations!

March 29, 2006 10:15 AM

 
Blogger Jana said...

Do Americans really need to be able to buy fast food on credit?? Scary. But it is nice when you're out somewhere and you're hungry that you don't have to worry about whether or not you have cash. Of course, now I can't tell the kids, "No, we can't go to McDonalds. I don't have any money."

March 29, 2006 10:16 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

It really isn't *credit* that we use. It is debit cards and the like. I know I personally am not buying fast food with money I don't have.

March 29, 2006 11:34 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I like it that credit cards are more widely accepted, so much more convenient.

March 29, 2006 1:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

right now I just wish I had money in either the bank or my pocket!

March 29, 2006 4:53 PM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

I don't carry cash either. It's much easier to use my debit card. Like you when I have cash it's a treat!

March 29, 2006 7:58 PM

 
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

You're right there. It's good to have a card which I do too but it's very difficult at times to discipline yourself not to use it especially when you see something you have long desired. It's easy to just hand over the card and purchase the item but when the billing comes...ayayay!

March 30, 2006 2:12 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

And CiCi has an ATM in their building Lo...crazy! But I guess that's what you get for cheap pizza.

I hear ya PJ!!!

I busy donating to my own family fund...sorry Guru.

Guru's right Jana, we are talking about a debit cards.

I agree Barbara!

Heehee Day!!!

Hmmmm, I love them Dirk!

I love having that little treat every once and a while OGO!

Right Becky...if I want to only spend a certain amount, I will try to get some cash.

I try to be good FC...but at least I'm better than my hubby! :-)

April 05, 2006 8:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home