Life is Grand!!!

Monday, March 27, 2006

Church

Yesterday I had the chance to visit the church where my hubby and I were married. Though the service was good, it really made me miss the church that I am now attending. I missed all the great songs that we sing as well as the music directors. I also made me realize how much I love hearing my pastors preach. I just have more appreciation for what my church means to me. I really feel at home there, so it was weird to visit another church...even to one I attended for over 7 years.

So, I am very thankful that God showed us to our new church. We had been looking for over a year for the perfect church for us, and I'm very glad we have finally found it!! We have been attending since November of last year and we have already gone through a membership class. But this Wednesday should make us official members after we have our meeting with one of the pastors. I'm very excited to see how God is going to work through us in this wonderful church!!!

9
Blogger Jana said...

I feel the same way about our church. We just adore our pastor's preaching style and unflinching dedication to the truths of the Bible. I don't think I could go back to the church I grew up in and be comfortable.

March 27, 2006 10:27 AM

 
Blogger loelsh said...

As you know, I am not happy with the way our music is currently being handled/managed. I do like our pastor's preaching style though.

We tried church shopping a while back and couldn't find anything that we liked better. So, we ended up back at the same church.

However, for right now, I am pretty happy where we are. I have a great group of friends there that I would miss terribly if we or they decided to leave the church. But who knows what the future holds.

I'm glad you guys have finally found a good church home that you feel so comfortable at. An answer to prayer!

March 27, 2006 10:38 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I still attend the same church I was babtized in as a baby. It feels like home to me.

(The balloon was from a birthday party the boys went to on Saturday. In which I found out, AFTER the party, the birthday boy had the stomach flu the night before. Guess where I am at, home with two boys that have the stomach flu. ARGGH!!!)

March 27, 2006 11:21 AM

 
Blogger amelia said...

Finding a church to call home is such a big thing! I'm glad you have found a place with community that you enjoy.

March 27, 2006 12:15 PM

 
Blogger Diane Viere said...

After 31 years of marriage...I wonder if the little church on the corner where we were married...is still there! Sounds like a field trip is in order!

What a sweet thing to do.

Diane

March 27, 2006 12:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've never heard of taking membership classes to join a church, i wonder if that's an american thing?

March 27, 2006 4:08 PM

 
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

It's funny sometimes how one can miss something when it's no longer there. Only then we realize that something.

March 27, 2006 7:40 PM

 
Blogger Robin said...

Good for you Trinity!

March 27, 2006 9:34 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Right, I def wasn't comfortable Jana.

I'm glad you are happy there Lo. I too had friends in your church, but I was just not growing in Christ while being there. But, things are different now...praise God!

I'm glad you have a "home" DW!

Oh yes, we are very happy Amelia!

Congrats on 31 years Praying...and thanks for stopping by!

Not all churches do it BSTS, but it helps people understand the history of the church as well as what the church believes in.

So true FC!

Thanks Robin!!!

March 28, 2006 8:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home