Life is Grand!!!

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Blog Design

Thirteen reasons why Trinity13 won't change her blog skin/design.


1. First off, I don't do well with change.
2. I love my blog design just as it is.
3. I love the colors.
4. I can't find a new design that I like well enough to change what I already have.
5. I don't do well with change.
6. I would go for a Matrix design, but all the ones I've seen have too much black on them.
7. I would go for a trinity (symbol) blog skin, but I have yet to find one.
8. I could have one of my computer tech friends make me a new one, but because I already like what I have, it's hard to think of what I would want in a new design.
9. I don't do well with change.
10. I've had this one for almost two years, so why even bother will a new template?
11. I have a tiny heart spasm when one of my online friends changes their blog (remember, I don't do so well with change), so I wouldn't want to do that to them if I change mine. :-)
12. Do I really have to change the design to something besides a simple blogger template? Do I seem stuck in the '04s since I have keep the same template since the beginning of this blog?
13. Have I mentioned that I don't do so well with change??!

Have you ever changed your site's template? If so, how many times have you changed it?

Other 13ers




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged!



27
Blogger Pete said...

I've changed mine twice. Once from the blogger template to a Spiderman2 one just to learn, the other time to what I have now that I made myself. It isn't much, but I like its clean look.

I probably won't change mine again in the near future, but I have something else upcoming that will be announced on my blog soonly.

My thirteen is up.

June 22, 2006 9:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like you just the way you are!

As for ebay... tried it. Too much over head and not enough sales. Thanks though.

June 22, 2006 9:40 AM

 
Blogger Wenchy said...

So ya don't like change much huh? :o)

June 22, 2006 9:55 AM

 
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Change is scary.....but I have done it and after all was said and done - I am glad I did.....(changed the blog layout that is).

I played too

June 22, 2006 9:55 AM

 
Blogger Carmen said...

I'm the opposite. I get bored with my blog designs so fast. I want more change! :)

June 22, 2006 11:21 AM

 
Blogger Jana said...

I have changed mine, um, eight times I think. I was just contemplating another change, too. Go for it!

June 22, 2006 11:24 AM

 
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Let me think...you don't do change well. I love my site...I think it's really pretty, I don't like changes either, and when you have the best why change?

June 22, 2006 11:35 AM

 
Blogger Gypsy said...

Change is difficult, that's for sure. And you have very valid reasons for keeping it the same. I've only changed mine once, and I think I'll keep it for a while.

June 22, 2006 11:45 AM

 
Blogger Noi Rocker said...

What? You do well with change? Haha..interesting T13. I have changed my blog design 4 times. I am easily bored and if I have too much time, I will change it again..but am still loving the current design.

June 22, 2006 12:30 PM

 
Blogger Bar L. said...

Hmm, sounds like you may not do well with change - LOL!

You know what, I like your blog design and would have kept my old one forever (one of the originals too) but Blogger kicked me out and ruined me because they thought I was a spammer!!!

Good for you for sticking to what you like rather than "going with the flow"

my new blog is at
barbara007.typepdad.com

June 22, 2006 12:43 PM

 
Blogger Lynn said...

I'm still with the blogger template but I've only been on since August.....I contemplate change but like the colors that I have....so for now I'll keep what I have and if you're happy with yours then you should do the same;-) Thanks for visiting my TT.

June 22, 2006 12:44 PM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

Sooo...

What you are trying to tell us is that you don't do well with change? Right?

LOL

Thanks for visiting my TT.

June 22, 2006 12:49 PM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

change canbe fun sometimes...

June 22, 2006 2:14 PM

 
Blogger Christina said...

So you don't like change, huh? ;) I have lost count of how many times I've changed my blogger template in the 1 1/2 years I've had it. I think I've had 6...or 7? I usually get bored with my color scheme or want to change it to go with the season I'm in.

Great list!

June 22, 2006 3:35 PM

 
Blogger Blog said...

So, you don't like change, huh? Or, do you--it wasn't clear in your list ;).
I've changed my blog skin--and I love it! It feels more like my own. I told a designer exactly what I liked, and she did it up. :)

June 22, 2006 4:01 PM

 
Blogger YellowRose said...

It's your blog and you do with it what you want to!! So, if you like it as it is....then so be it! Right? I like the colors too!

Happy Thursday!

June 22, 2006 4:21 PM

 
Blogger Susan said...

George Burns said "No one likes change but a wet baby!"

I think it's totally fine to stick with your skin...and be comfortable in it. I have changed once and will probably change again...I like to change it up every now and then.

GREAT list.

June 22, 2006 5:14 PM

 
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

You don't have to change if you're contented with it. I do change my template whenever I feel bored by its looks already. In fact this my 5th change.
Thanks for dropping by.

June 22, 2006 6:17 PM

 
Blogger Megan said...

It's your blog; do what you want. It's not about the design anyway is it?

Thanks for stopping by today!

June 22, 2006 6:47 PM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

I say if you are happy with what you have, stick with it.
If you don't like change don't do it.
I think you are making a great decision!

Happy Thursday!

June 22, 2006 8:16 PM

 
Blogger Ma said...

Change sometimes is good when it makes a person happy.

I have two different templates that my daughter designed for me. One is for Christmas, and the other is my beach one.

I'm up

June 22, 2006 10:27 PM

 
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

Egads! Sorry to frighten you! I'm redesigning all my blogs because I want it more like a website...planning on the future when I become a famous author. LOL...Okay, I can dream can't I? I'm almost done with my FAIRIES blog...come by and let me know if I scare you or not. The Pixie Corner is still under construction...I need more color or something.

And hey, join up on my alliance blog! I'd love to have my Trin on board!

June 22, 2006 11:21 PM

 
Blogger Janet said...

Hey, if you like your blog design, that's what's important!

Thanks for the birthday wishes and for visiting me yesterday!

June 23, 2006 12:45 PM

 
Blogger Pixie said...

Yeah I'm not big on change either. But I would love a new template, mine's so blah. :-(

June 23, 2006 5:45 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

I've changed my own template, but part of the reason I wanted to blog was to learn a little HTML. Plus, I got annoyed seeing all of the other blogs that had the same template as me. So I tinker with it from time to time, but I'm afraid to make big changes.

I know what you mean about too much black. Especially when people use a ton of black and then use a teeeeeny tiny dark gray font. It's like they're saying, "Hey Jen, don't bother, whatever I'm writing won't be worth all the trouble it's going to take you to decipher this!"

So, I'm pretty OK with other people's blogs, as long as I can read them!

June 24, 2006 6:30 PM

 
Blogger Becky said...

I'm the exact same way. I know my design may be boring, but it's clean and easy to read. I like that. Plus, I don't have the design software, skills or care to do it myself and I'm hesitant to ask a friend...just in case I don't like what they do and then their feelings are hurt.

June 27, 2006 8:07 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I just don't think it's worth it right now everyone. I really like what I have, so I see no reason to change it.

Thanks for stoppin by!!!

June 28, 2006 10:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home