Life is Grand!!!

Friday, June 30, 2006

This And That

-My brother tried to get a flight home yesterday from JFK. Since he works for an airline here in Columbus, he gets to fly for free...if a flight is not yet booked. So, he got on a flight yesterday just for it to be delayed several times and then finally canceled. There was nothing else going to Ohio, so he decided to take a bus. When he called last night, he told us that he and the other bus passengers had been waiting a while since the bus had a flat tire! Poor kid, he just wanted to get home!

-I didn't sleep very much last night. I have no idea why! Recently I have been sleeping a solid 7 hours, but I was awake every hour last night. I would love to know why.

-My hubby and I plan on seeing Superman this weekend...and I can't wait since I'm a huge Superman fan! I have the box set of the four S-man movies as well as The New Adventures of Lois and Clark on dvd. I also love Smallville, but I'm not sure yet if I'm going to get the series on dvd.

-I'm loving our nightly family walks. We leave the house at about 10pm to close the pools and it gives us a chance to catch up on our day while getting some much needed exercise. (I didn't get my walk last night, so maybe that's why I didn't sleep...hmmm.)

-I was able to take the boys on a walk yesterday. I usually don't like leaving the house with all three of them, but I think they really enjoyed it. I got them all loaded up in the wagon and we walked down to the pool. Once there, I took off their shoes so they could dip their feet in the cool water. They loved it!

-I'm not sure if I'll have the reds at all next week...how wonderful is that?! I'll find out tonight for sure!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

10
Blogger Shannon said...

walks are good when you can get them...poor brother, hope he gets home safe and sound!

June 30, 2006 9:53 AM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

We love our walks too. Everyone just looks at us like we are freaks though.

June 30, 2006 9:59 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

Dag, he just isn't supposed to get home, I guess! What rotten luck.

I don't know if I am going to go see the new Superman movie any time soon. I'll have to wait and see what people think of it. They've been trying to make that movie for a long time and have had 3 different directors, I believe.

The story sounds a little weird and is supposed to take place between Superman II and III. That is sacred territory and I hope they be careful.

June 30, 2006 10:17 AM

 
Blogger Jana said...

Superman 2 was my favorite, but I love all of them. I'd love to see this one in the theater, but Hubby is averse to seeing more than one movie in the theater per year, so we're going to see Pirates!

June 30, 2006 12:26 PM

 
Blogger Becky said...

I hope to catch Superman this weekend, too, though I may have to go by myself (my few friends here aren't into those kinds of films, but we're seeing Devil Wears Prada).

I've noticed that I sleep much harder on the nights when I've exercised, so that could be it...and also just from not followng your normal routine.

June 30, 2006 12:33 PM

 
Blogger cube said...

Aren't we all Superman fans? I think this Superman movie looks good from the trailers. I hope this Man of Steel doesn't let us down.

Happy Friday!

June 30, 2006 2:00 PM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I've seen clips of Superman Returns, and it looks great.

June 30, 2006 3:32 PM

 
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

I hear the movie is wonderful. Can't wait to see it either!

Is is me or are these word verifications getting a tad too long? Here's mine: pkeavpog

Sheesh!

June 30, 2006 8:12 PM

 
Blogger Viamarie said...

The family is scheduled to watch Superman too this Monday. We are all excited because we will be watching it in the newest moviehouse in town called IMAX which has a sheer 20m x 33m 8 stories high wide screen.

Just a tip...an hour or two before bedtime, try reducing your activity both physically and mentally. Hope it works for you as it does for me.

Have a great weekend!

June 30, 2006 8:19 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

He did...finally Shannon! :-)

Walks are great, aren't they OGO?!

He and the other bus passengers were even on the news that night Guru!

Superman 2 was fantastic...but I think I like this one just a little bit better Jana.

I'd love to see that movie as well Becky.

You should go see it Cube, MC, and Capt...asap!!!

I hope you enjoy it Viamarie!!!

They are, thanks OZ!

July 12, 2006 9:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home