Life is Grand!!!

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Did Ya Get That Meme?

I stole this from Jemmers, who stole it from Jootastic, who stole it from Amy and Tara, who I'm sure stole it from someone else!!!

1. Name 3 people you absolutely miss right this moment that you haven't seen in some time.
* Jemmers of course...I haven't seen her in like weeks!!!
* Family in Arizona
* My son...he went to bed hours ago!

2. Name 3 things you miss about home during the holidays (be it people, smells, foods, whatever).
* I miss being the first one up and checking out the presents before my siblings got up
* I miss waking my siblings up
* I miss making the orange and cinnamon rolls that we had before our presents

3. Name 1 holiday memory that you have from childhood that you will never forget.
There is one Christmas I will never forget! That's because it was the first year that my dad had a camcorder. He ended up taping 4 hours of us opening and playing with our gifts. So now I can watch the looooong tape anytime I want! (yeah, right...heehee!)

4. Name at least 1 favorite book or movie that always reminds you of the holidays.
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever (I read this book every December when I was younger)

5. Name your top 3 favorite holiday songs that get you in the mood to celebrate.
* Merry Christmas Darling- Karen Carpenter
* The Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth- David Bowie and Bing Crosby
* Breath Of Heaven (Mary's Song)- Amy Grant

6. If you could go anywhere other than home for the holidays, where would you choose to go and who would you want to bring along?
Maybe Oglebay Park (we just love their C-mas lights!) with the entire family.

7. The Grinch or Rudolph?
Grinch all the way baby!

8. Formal holiday dinner or casual get-together food?
Casual!!!

9. Name the best holiday gift you ever received and why.
That would have to be the year that my parents gave my hubby and I a cruise for Christmas (and our anniversary and birthdays combined). I'll never forget it!

10. Describe the funniest holiday moment you've ever had.
Well it wasn't funny at the time, but it involved my sister. She's not one to think straight and one C-mas a few years ago she ended up turning on a stove burner. The problem with this was that she didn't turn on an empty burner, but the one with a glass dish sitting on it. Well the glass ended up exploding and it burned holes into the kitchen carpet (that's right, I said kitchen carpet!). My sister walked away without a scratch, but she has def learned her lesson!

11. Name a holiday memory that truly warmed your heart.
That memory would be of my son's first Christmas. He was just so much fun to watch as he opened up gifts for the very first time!

12. Name your top 3 favorite TV specials that frequent the airwaves during the holiday season.
* How the Grinch Stole Christmas
* National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
* A Christmas Story

13. Sledding, snowball fight, snow angels or building a snowman?
I would love to go sledding again! It would be the perfect snow activity since my driveway is so steep.

14. Eggnog, hot chocolate, or hot cider?
Hot Chocolate...mixed with a little bit of coffee!

15. Candy canes or fruit cake?
Def the candy canes!!!

16. Favorite holiday cookie?
Even though it's not a cookie, I love my mom's peanut fudge that she only makes for the holidays.

2
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

What a great memory post! Gets me right in the mood for Christmas! Oh, and I love that you put C-mas instead of X-mas!!!

December 08, 2005 12:21 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I hate seeing x-mas MC!!! I don't understand why Christmas would be shortened like that in the first place! I always use C-mas.

Nope, not a good idea PJ!

Awww, poor left out Armaedes. I should feel bad for you...but I don't. HA!

December 08, 2005 5:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home