Life is Grand!!!

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Party!

Last night my hubby and I went to his works annual Christmas party. We try to get to it every year to enjoy all the free food! Anyway, I had (as usual) a hard time deciding what to wear. We would be seeing all his work buddies and their wives, so I had to look my best. The invite said semi-formal to business casual, so I dressed in my sexy brown slacks (which I love!) and a brown shirt that had a nice print and shows off my arms and cleavage (I thought about putting on a cruise dress, but I thought it would be too dressy). I kept my hair down, and even straitened it to look my best. Then I put on some of my mom's bling-bling to look even more dressy.

My my hubby and I got to the party, I started to feel very underdressed! A lot of the women look like they were on the way to a prom. They had their hair professionally done up and they had on floor length gowns. I could not believe how dressed up these people were for being business casual!!! But, I could tell the difference between the people who work in office and the maintenance staff (with my hubby being the latter). The office people dress up every day, so to step it up a notch for a party, they went all out with their outfits. Dressing up for a maintenance man is combing their hair and tucking in their shirt...heehee!

Anyway, we had a great time at the party. We had some delicious food along with some even better desserts! My fav dessert last night would have to be the chocolate covered strawberries! I just love those!!! They are sooo very yummy!

Like I said, my hubby and I had a wonderful time (even if we didn't dance). I just know that next year I will be going all out with my outfit! I'll spend a whopping $20 on a new outfit instead of the usual $5.

3
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

I am sure you looked wonderful. I know that some of these business parties can get pretty fancy. I remember the last one I went to was really nice and really dressy.

December 04, 2005 11:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we went to my husband's corporate party last night and some women there have spent a fortune on their outfit. not me, i bought new earrings, that was it.

December 04, 2005 1:25 PM

 
Blogger Shelley said...

This is why I hate going to these parties. It isn't expensive enough just to cover Christmas itself, there has to be office party bling and getups. But WHY, oh WHY didn't you dance? My hub doesn't fast dance but does for slow songs. I'd be out there dancing in my own little party bubble! LOVE Choc covered strawberries, they are the best! Glad you had a good time!

December 04, 2005 3:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home