Life is Grand!!!

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Likes And Dislikes

My hubby and I are so weird. Whenever one of us tries something new (like food) and loves it, we have to share it with the other...and most of the time the other hates it. Something like this happened tonight. My hubby has been raving about this pizza that PapaMurphy's makes. He has gone on and on about the cheese and the toppings all while little pools of drool form at the corner of his mouth. Now I've had PM's pizza before and loved it! (It's one of those places that makes a fresh pizza for you and you take it home and bake it yourself). So we picked up a special pie and I baked it up for our dinner tonight. After taking his first bite, I can tell that my hubby is in pizza heaven! After taking my first bite, I'm ready to throw the rest away. It was just too much for me! He loved all the cheese, but the cheese was overwhelming! I was actually gagging on the pizza because of all the cheese. It just was not good!!!

So here he was thinking that I would love this pizza, but I in fact would never order it again. But, it works both ways. I'll have something that I absolutely adore, but he will hate it. Sometimes it can be a good thing since that means that I get it all to myself...but it would be nice to share more food loves. Know what I mean???

10
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

Cool...I just saw you post this! I'm number one! Wahoo! I just made myself a steak, brussel sprouts, and mashed potatoes. (Gotta love when the kids go to bed early, stuffed with pigs in a blanket!) Oh, and I like my pizza without cheese. Yes. I'm strange.

November 15, 2005 11:44 PM

 
Blogger Pete said...

Hmmm... Reminds me of a nursery rhyme.

Jack Sprat
Could eat no fat,
His wife could eat no lean;
And so, betwixt them both,
They licked the platter clean.

I am, of course, not casting either of you into a role in the rhyme, but merely pointing out that the food differences are good, because between you two, you run the whole gamut of food tastes.

When it comes to matters of a culinary nature... You complete each other.

November 16, 2005 7:17 AM

 
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

That is very similar to Prince Charming at I, we are opposites on most things. But we usually know what the other would think.

November 16, 2005 9:52 AM

 
Blogger Father of 3 said...

With my wife and I, it's music. I'll brng home something and think she;ll love it....and NO...she hates it. Maybe I build it up too much. Think?

November 16, 2005 11:35 AM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I must be the fussiest eater on the planet.

November 16, 2005 2:43 PM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

That's funny. I like veggies and my hubby doesn't. I just have to modify things I cook for him.

I Love papa Murphy's too! My hubby gets the "I can hear my arteries clogging with the very first bite all meat topping pizza"

November 16, 2005 3:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we're like that too. if my husband had his way, he'd eat steak or roast beef every night, me, i'd have salmon. we compromise, he grills a steak and i poach a salmon. our kids don't like either, so they get burgers.

November 16, 2005 8:14 PM

 
Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Me and Mrs. Shife are like this with TV. We hardly find a show we both like. Currently we both love Arrested Development, but they cancelled it. Don't those people care about my marriage.

November 17, 2005 12:39 PM

 
Blogger Jana said...

That's funny! My hubby and I have almost identical taste in food - we both like everything. We usually fight over who gets the biggest piece!

November 17, 2005 12:58 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

No cheese MC? You are strange...heehee!!! (Btw, have ya tried pb&j pizza? So yummy!)

Yes, good Guru...especially when he doesn't like choc chip cookie dough ice cream and I do!

Opposites TC? Really?!

Yes, very sweet Armaedes!

Maybe Fof3. Luckily my hubby and I agree with our taste in music...most of the time! Heehee!!!

That's too bad Capt! Just earl grey tea for you, huh?!

Sounds like my hubby and I Texas.

I don't like a lot of veggies too OGO, but my hubby does. He eats everything I don't eat.

Oh my BSTS...we had to eat what my mom cooked for us when growing up...your kids are lucky! HA!

You should try the pizza then Becky...it's like cheese with a side of pizza.

Heehee Mrshife! I was never into that show, but everything I do watch, I now have my hubby watching as well. He knows I have good taste!

Oh yes Jana, the biggest piece...my favorite!

November 20, 2005 2:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home