Life is Grand!!!

Thursday, November 03, 2005

"Ogres Are Like Onions"

Yeah...our Halloween pics are finally up! Since my hubby forget his camera on trick or treat night, we had to use my brothers digital. Then we had to get the right cord for it to transfer the pics to our computer. What a pain!!!

Anyway, as you can see the boy and I did a Shrek theme with him as Shrek and me as Fiona (when she was a big ogre of course!). I originally thought about doing a Star Wars theme, but the Vader costume was just too expensive and I couldn't find a Yoda costume for the boy. As I was looking through costumes at a nearby store, I found the dress I am wearing below. It was some sort of Renaissance outfit, but I thought it would be a perfect Fiona dress! I got it for a great deal (30% off) and then went looking for my son's Shrek outfit. I also found it at a great price!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I thought the boy looked so cute especially since he has a Shrek belly...heehee! I was sure to buy it big so he could wear it again if he wanted to. And my dad was loving our costumes! He is a huge Shrek fan and can quote a good majority of both movies. So he had a good laugh when we came in the door dressed the way we were!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Oh, my sis was going to be the ass (Donkey), but then decided to do Puss In Boots. We (as in me) found a cape, hat, and cat tail for cheap! She wore all that plus her high black boots and I put orange streaks in her hair. She looked pretty good, but only wore it for a half an hour. Party pooper!!!

Here is a pic of my hubby...Mr. Jack O. Lantern. I think it suited him...heehee!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

11
Blogger Jana said...

Your Shrek costumes are adorable! Great job!

November 03, 2005 1:13 PM

 
Blogger War Eagle said...

very cute pic, trinity. I like ur husband's shirt too. Where he get it at?

November 03, 2005 2:35 PM

 
Blogger BagOfNothing.com said...

I love it I love it I love it!

November 03, 2005 2:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that dress does look something that the princess would wear, you all look great!!!

November 03, 2005 9:46 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Thanks Jana and BSTS!

We got it at Walmart War Eagle.

I love it too BOF!

Ummmm, he just doesn't have the Halloween spirit Arm!

November 03, 2005 10:38 PM

 
Blogger Leslie said...

you guys look great. At least you and hubby dressed up, we didn't...thought about it but that's it. Halloween is so much fun.

November 04, 2005 12:16 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

G should have been Donkey since he is such an a$$!

Just kidding, G!

November 04, 2005 12:45 PM

 
Blogger Cin said...

Hi there - here via Michele's.

Your costumes are adorable! Getting the pics off your brother's camera may have been a pain, but well worth it.

Cheers!

November 04, 2005 1:10 PM

 
Blogger ribbiticus said...

you were so lucky to get that dress! and at a discount too! it has fiona stamped all over it! great pics of the hubby and son too! glad you had fun!

michele sent me today. :)

November 04, 2005 3:55 PM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

OH! Look how cute you guys are!

Thanks for sharing!

November 04, 2005 4:15 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Wonderful job with the costumes! Shrek was a great idea. I did not see any Shrek ones. I like to see original ideas, yours definately was!

November 05, 2005 12:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home