Life is Grand!!!

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Church

My hubby and I have been church shopping for quite a while now. The main reason we left our old church was because the nursery was terrible. The workers would either keep your child in the swing the whole time or they would walk the halls with the babies (mine included) to settle them...which is a major security risk in my eyes. If you have to walk the halls to settle a baby, don't you think it's better just to beep the parents? And I really didn't think it was safe to even leave the nursery with a child, especially if you're not a regular nursery worker.

Another reason we left was because we just didn't feel like we belonged there anymore. Everything my hubby and I were involved in was canceled or completed, so the church didn't feel like home anymore.

That was months ago and my family has yet to find another church to call our own. We would visit a church and the preacher was terrible. Another church didn't have a pager system for our child (made this mommy very uneasy). Then another church had everything we wanted, but we didn't feel like we belonged there. We also went to a church that had the kids and toddlers stay in service for the music (very disruptive) and then had a 5 min meet and greet right before the message (plus they had no pager system...so my son fussed for 15 min and I didn't know about it.)!

I can't tell ya how many churches my hubby and I have visited. We aren't looking for the perfect church, but the church perfect for us. Sometimes we think we've found it, but after a few weeks we start realizing that the church just isn't for us. And that's were I'm at at this time. We have been going to a nice church for a few months now (off and on). I love their pager system, music, drama program, friendliness, and the fact that they don't have a greeting/hand shaking time during the service. But (there's always a but, right?!) once again there is one thing I don't like about it...the pastor. Like with a few other churches my hubby and I have already visited, the pastor talks to us like we are children. We are learning nothing, but I don't think there is anything better out there.

AHHHHH, this is just so frustrating!

7
Blogger Oh great One said...

church shopping isn't easy! We went to one here that was HUGE and NO ONE talked to us. NO ONE! Then we tried another and my family of 4 increased the congregation by 1/4! We still haven't found one. Good luck!

October 23, 2005 12:51 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

You know that I feel you on this one. I don't know if there are five good teaching pastors in the entire city of Columbus (and surrounding suburbia).

October 23, 2005 1:25 AM

 
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

That is so frustrating. I hope you find one you like soon.

October 23, 2005 10:59 AM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

If the pastor is the only fault in a 'perfect' church, it might be wise to remember the name, as he may move on later.

Good luck in finding what you want.

October 23, 2005 11:05 AM

 
Blogger A Woman From Illinois said...

Trin,
Your family is more then welcome to join our church. But you will have to get up mighty early to get here my 9AM. No paging system though, only have about 80 to 100 each Sunday. The nursery is so close we can here the children playing, when we sit in the back.

October 23, 2005 12:22 PM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

trin! i wish i had known you were having problems. just come to MY CHURCH! seriously, we love our church, and i don't envy you having to find a new one. :(

but when you find one that God has for you, you will know it!

October 23, 2005 6:00 PM

 
Blogger Shannon said...

as long as you have your faith, you'll be ok, i always thought God didnt lve in a building anyway. You'll find one, and when its right you'll know it.

October 24, 2005 2:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home