Life is Grand!!!

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

My Sis

Okay, let me just say this up front...I love my sister! I would do anything for her, which is probably part of the problem. She likes to take advantage of people without realizing it. She is always looking for a hand out and it's starting to get to me! She always says that she doesn't have any money (but buys a new DVD every other week-this week it was Batman Begins) and claims that she will pay you back. And she always assumes that our mom will pay for everything while they are together.

I really can't talk to her about any of this. She has been sensitive all her life. I remember trying to get her goose when we were kids. I could make her go off in less than 30 seconds (what are big sisters for?). And when I say go off, I mean whine, cry, scream, and run off into the next room...and I didn't do it unless she deserved it of course! My hubby has actually done this to her (make her run off and cry that is) a few times since we've been married. Did I mention that she's 22?!

With this Halloween she has decided that she wants to dress up with me and the boy. That meant that I had to find her a costume, buy it, and now I am waiting for her to pay me back. After I bought the costume, she decided that she wants face paint...but she just doesn't have the money for it. So she kind of gives me a guilt trip about the stupid paint. I know she wants me to just buy it for her but I've been too nice already.

I really do love my sis, but come on now, enough is enough!!!

6
Blogger War Eagle said...

Have u tried talking to her about her very calmly. Tell her how u feel with out getting angry. Then, let her talk. It is worth trying.

October 26, 2005 12:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

does your sister have a blog, or a link to this one, cuz if you can't tell her, let your readership tell her.

October 26, 2005 12:59 PM

 
Blogger Leslie said...

sometimes it is soo hard to say no. I just had a week long visit because I couldn't say no. But, I am learning and have been getting better at saying, 'no'. You may just have to bite the bullet and say 'no'!

October 26, 2005 3:02 PM

 
Blogger Jennboree said...

Time to be tough! Believe it or not, she'll still love you once she's over her overly dramatic reaction to someone saying "no" to her.

I think sometimes it is up to siblings to help each other, whether they want it or not. In the end, perhaps you can better your relationship and teach her responsibility. Besides, you don't want the money issue to cause you to resent even talking to her, right?

October 26, 2005 10:27 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

it seems like there's always someone in a family who is similar to that. some tough love might be in order. hopefully she'll mature with time and grow out of this.

here's to hoping!

October 27, 2005 7:46 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

You're right everyone, I def have to start telling her NO! And maybe have another sit down with her about what it means to be an adult.

Btw, she doesn't have a blog yet BSTS.

October 27, 2005 11:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home