Life is Grand!!!

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Happy (Belated) Halloween

We had an excellent time last night!!! We headed over to my mom's house where she has her annual Halloween party. She served chili and potato soup, hot dogs, apples and caramel dip, 3 different types of pies, 4 types of cookies, and tons of candy!

The boy and I ate as soon as we got there. Then around 6:15 my hubby, father-in-law, the boy, and I decided it was time to go trick or treating! We walked 4 blocks worth of houses till my son's bag was full a beautiful, delicious candy! ( I should have a pic of my son and I some time this week). The boy had so much fun running up the driveways and ringing doorbells (sometimes several times...heehee!). He was just too cute!

Btw, there was a house in the neighborhood was decorated big time! It had orange lights all over it and several inflated Halloween creatures, skulls, bones, and ghosts all in the yard. It also had a fog machine going...but I guess that the home owners spent all their money on the decorations since they were giving out Smarties! Smarties!!!

Life is grand with Reese's Inside-Out!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

5
Blogger Captain Berk said...

These earth fetivals are curious.

You might like to know that there is a whole planet full of vamoires that dress up as humans once a year.

It is something to behold.

November 02, 2005 10:52 AM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

Smarties are my hubbies FAVORITE! He has already raided my sons stash!

November 02, 2005 12:07 PM

 
Blogger Shelley said...

Sounds totally cool and I am so glad you had a good time...you needed some fun and festivity in your life! We had a hoot as well! Can I come to your family celebration next year???? I would totally love all that food, and my hubby and kids units are such blah and picky eaters...it would be heaven. HEAVEN I SAY!!! Glad you had a great evening!

November 02, 2005 12:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we don't have that chocolate bar thing here, but we do like smarties. we have a chocolate bar that is now made with smarties, with white or milk chocolate. mmmmmm, candy.
sounds like you had quite the feast

November 02, 2005 5:18 PM

 
Blogger Pete said...

We ran into a similarly decked out house during our travels, but thankfully, they didn't blow the whole bank on decorations and were giving out the good chocolate stuff!

November 04, 2005 12:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home