Life is Grand!!!

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Moving!!!

That's right, we have decided to move (thanks for all your prayers and well wishes!)!!! So I have two weeks to pack up everything! My mom will be coming over today to help me start boxing up things like the items in my crystal cabinet, wall decorations, stuff in the crawl space, blankets, etc, etc.

I got a few concerned comments yesterday and I tried to address them as well as I could in a comment of my own. But, I will go ahead and explain how we are able to get out of our home in two weeks.

One of my mom's long time customers own a successful business with her hubby. They help those who need to get out of homes quickly. In short, they take over the monthly payments while the home is still in the sellers name (and they can have the seller out in a week's time). They then go into the home and replace, paint, and/or fix up the place so that it will find a buyer quickly. Once they do find a buyer, they then pay all the closing costs and the house is transferred from the sellers name to the buyers.

In our case, they will be giving us $1000 for the house and we can move out right now. We will get with their lawyer and fill out some paperwork so that the couple will be in charge of our monthly payments. They will pay for new carpet and paint, so that the house will sell quickly, and they will be covering the closing costs when a buyer is found (and that's when the house goes from our name to the buyers).

My hubby and I decided that doing the above would be much better than going through a realtor. If we did go through a realtor, we could still be trying to sell our home months from now. We would also be responsible replacing the carpet, painting the walls, and all the fees (including home inspections, realtor, closing costs, etc). The very most my hubby and I could walk away with would be about $3000 (and that's if it sells within 60 days).

So my hubby is going in today to start up the paperwork for leasing the three bedroom townhome. The current rm (resident manager) will be given his two weeks and when that time is up, then we can officially start moving in. Once we are in, my hubby will be responsible for picking up the trash before his normal work hours. After work, he is in charge of passing out flyers or notices and he will also be handling all small service requests.

Btw, the company could still be bought out, but he has been talking to a friend who works for the other company (who's interested in buying his property). He found out that if the other company takes over, then he wouldn't have to do the small service requests, but we wouldn't get as much off of rent...but the rent would still be lower than our mortgage.

Oh, sorry for the long post, but I'm just soo excited and I wanted to answer all your questions!

We get to move into a townhome twice the size of our current home for a few hundred less a month!!! Ahhh, life is grand right now!

8
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Good luck in tour move, Trin. It's a big thing to do.

November 10, 2005 3:02 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I wish you all the best. Please remember, no matter what people offer as advice, only you and your husband can make the decision on what is best for your family.

We had to move sort of quickly this summer too. We had 30 days. My advice, label each box with what room it came from. It makes it easier to find something if you need it quickly. And it is helpful with the unpacking process. Which, by the way, takes A LOT longer than packing it!!!

November 10, 2005 4:39 PM

 
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

Oh this is great! Yes, I was confused before but now understand. AWESOME! I am really excited for you. Happy packing!

November 10, 2005 9:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is happy news, congrats to you and your family, your new home sounds like it's going to be lovely. now time to get busy and pack, you've only got two weeks!

November 10, 2005 10:03 PM

 
Blogger Jootastic said...

wow. congratulations are in order! what a big change it's going to be for you. hugs and luck to you. :)

November 10, 2005 10:46 PM

 
Blogger Jennboree said...

Well congratulations on your exciting decision!

Yes, selling a home is a major pain in the butt. We are just about to embark on that adventure.

Your townhome is twice as big? yeehaw! Way to go!

November 11, 2005 9:38 AM

 
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Good luck on your move! I just moved so I know what it is like. Sounds like a good decision for you and your family.

November 12, 2005 9:12 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Thanks for stopping by everyone!

We are def labeling each and every box. And most of the boxes are going down in the basement for me to sort at my convenience.

November 14, 2005 7:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home