Life is Grand!!!

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Moving?

Tonight my hubby and I had a meeting with a couple who buy houses. We got together after my mom shared our situation with one of her long time customers. The customer ended up calling me and I thought that what she had to say was quite interesting. So, we scheduled a time for her and her hubby to come over, tour our home, and have a sit down with my hubby and I.

The hubs and I really liked what they had to say...for the most part! We found out that we can be out of our house in a week's time! We wouldn't have to replace the carpet or paint the walls (like the realtor suggested) and we would walk away with about $1000 cash! I know it would be less money than the realtor offered, but I still think it's a great deal!

So my hubby and I have to make our definite decision this week! We could go through the realtor, sell our home, and hope to make a profit...but we wouldn't be out of the house for at least another 60 days (which possibly means a double payment-one towards rent, one towards mortgage). We could also go through this couple (they have a very successful home business) and be out in a week with $1000. Or my hubby and I could just stay here at our home where we are running out of room. If we did stay, we would probably end up moving some time next year anyway.

Btw, did I mention that my hubby's company could be bought out? That means if he takes the job and the new company buys the complex, he could be forced out of the position within a year. But that is still up in the air.

What to do...what to do???

10
Blogger Becky said...

I think the job stability is a huge issue for a long-term decision. If he is let go, you may be missing that smaller house for a bit. Tough call, though.

I have to be honest in that the $1,000 deal sounds a little "different" than anything I've ever heard of, as a realtor.

November 09, 2005 2:28 AM

 
Blogger Jennboree said...

It does sound like a very different deal and I'm afraid you'd not be getting what your house is really worth. A good realtor will generally get you the most you could possibly get and I imagine that would be more than $1,000 in your pocket.

Perhaps you can do some investigating on the couple and their business?

November 09, 2005 2:46 PM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

Those are some tough decisions to make. We had a similar thing when my husband took his job. We had to up and move out of state. We put our house on the market and it actually sold before we had to make another mortgage payment. Good luck!

November 09, 2005 2:53 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

I hate making decisions like this! I don't have any advice for you, just best wishes!

November 09, 2005 3:21 PM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

It's hard to do the right thing when going in different directions.

November 09, 2005 3:50 PM

 
Blogger Better Safe Than Sorry said...

gee, i don't know, cross your fingers and hope for the best???

November 09, 2005 5:48 PM

 
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

Wow. Your mom's customers...would you only get the $1,000 and be done with the house? Would they just take over the payments? What kind of profit would you get if you sold the normal way? How much would you actually make after having to do fix-ups to sell the house? What would be the easiest and less aggrevating?

I know I'm just adding on questions but I'd look into them.

Also: If your husband does take the job, is it secure? Will he be happier there? What would you do next year if he were laid off of the one he has now? Are there many options for jobs for him?

I'll be praying for you.

November 09, 2005 10:12 PM

 
Blogger Captain Berk said...

Tell him to join Starfleet.

The wages are really good.

Good like with your new quarters. I am sure you will find them to be suitable.

November 10, 2005 6:49 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Okay I guess I wasn't clear enough...the rm job would be an additional responsibility for my hubby. He would do those responsibilities before and after his normal work hours.

If we went through the couple, we have been promised $1000 for our home and we could be out in a week's time. They would take care of replacing the carpet, painting our home, and paying all the fees involved in order for it to sell. The home would still be in our name till it sold, but the couple would be in charge of making the payments.

If we went through a realtor, who knows how long our home would be on the market. And once it did sell, my hubby and I would be responsible for replacing the carpet throughout. After all the fees and updates, the very most we could walk away with would be about $3000...and that's only if we could get out of the house in two months. (Sounds like too much stress to me!)

Thanks for praying everyone...and I hope I have cleared up a few things for ya!

Oh, very funny Capt Berk!!!

November 10, 2005 8:45 AM

 
Blogger DayByDay4-2Day said...

my husband job is unstable right now and I recentl;y became unemployed so I understand your distress.

November 10, 2005 9:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home