Life is Grand!!!

Friday, November 25, 2005

Wonderful Turkey Day!

I don't know about everyone else, but we had a wonderful turkey day! My son stayed over at my parents house the night before the big day (so my hubby and I could move some things), so the morning went by pretty quickly. I got up around 8, got a shower, and put some eggs on to boil. Then I made up some pumpkin monkey bread and popped it in the oven. By that time the eggs were done, so I cooled them off, de-shelled them, and deviled them up! I then made up some pumpkin butter (it was my first time, but it turned out really yummy in my book!) and took the finished monkey bread out of the oven. After all that, I finished getting ready and my hubby and I rushed out the door with the food. We picked up my son (and a few black Friday ads) at grammies and then we all headed over to my father-in-laws house for our first Thanksgiving meal of the day.

All in all, we had a great time over there. I sat at the kids table to help my son with his food and I was able to help the other kids out as well. Then we had some yummy desserts that my hubby's cousin made.

After dinner, we were able to celebrate for another two hours before heading off to another turkey day get together with my side of the family. We made sure to stop by our house to pick up the ice cream, cool whip, and gifts for the next gathering. We got there just in time for dessert! Then we had our Christmas with that side of the family. Since the grandparents will be in Arizona (celebrating with their youngest and his family) we all decided to celebrate two holidays (and two birthdays) in one evening.

My hubby and I got a few gift cards (along with some crazy gifts that my grandparents threw in) and my son got a remote control car, Noah's ark blanket, books, learning system, and some flash cards. He loved it all!

Well I hope you all had a great holiday! Are ya still full?!

10
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Good to hear Thanksgiving went well for you. As you know, us in England don't celebrate it, and my father and I went Christmas shopping instead.

November 25, 2005 2:43 PM

 
Blogger Cin said...

Hi there - here via Michele's. Glad to hear you had a wonderful turkey day, but I have to ask - what is pumpkin monkey bread? Sounds intriguing...

November 25, 2005 2:51 PM

 
Blogger carmilevy said...

Popped in from Michele's to see this lovely post about the holiday. I love the warmth of the season: everyone's so gosh darn happy. I wish it could last all year.

November 25, 2005 3:51 PM

 
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Glad to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving. I love the holiday seasons with all the happy posts.

November 25, 2005 4:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like everything went really well. Glad to hear it.

November 25, 2005 8:20 PM

 
Blogger Internet Street Philosopher said...

That sounds like a blessed Thanksgiving. Happy belated Thanksgiving!

November 26, 2005 6:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear you had a great thanksgiving. i love leftovers, but not that full feeling.

November 26, 2005 7:55 PM

 
Blogger Jeru Guru said...

I really like your blog.

JG

November 27, 2005 3:43 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

It sounds like a wonderful day. And you were not even stressed with the moving and having to go to two sides. Wow! What a woman. I would have been having a heart attack!

November 27, 2005 8:25 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I hope you got a lot accomplished Capt!

It's like a big cinnamon roll Cin. You take pieces of biscuit, roll them in pumpkin spice, then throw them in a bundt pan. You boil up a sauce and pour on top, then you bake it. Let it cool for a few min, then ya flip it over...it's soooo good!!!

Oh yes Carmi, food makes me happy!

Thanks TC, Day, Becky, Street, BSTS, Guru, and Texas!!!

We did have a wonderful day DW! And no heart attack...heehee!

December 01, 2005 3:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home