Life is Grand!!!

Sunday, November 20, 2005

OSU Game

Wow, what an excellent game yesterday! The OSU Michigan game is something we look forward to all season! But for some strange reason, I had the hardest time thinking of what we would have to eat during the football party. After several days of meditation, prayer, and quiet time, I finally came up with the idea of having Chinese sundays. For those of you that have never heard it before, it's a dish that starts off with a base of rice. Then you add cream of chicken soup (with a ton of extra chicken added in) on the rice. Next, you top the dish anything you want. Yesterday our toppings were cheese, nuts, pineapple, coconut, tomatoes, Chinese noodles, and cherries. Of course you can add just about anything else like onions, celery, peppers, or whatever you have in the kitchen. It's def a delicious dish...especially for a football game!

I also made up some buckeyes (and a few chocolate covered cherries) for the big game! And I must say that they were the best buckeyes I've had in a looooong time! I think I have just about perfected my recipe and I hope to make the candy again soon! I just might have to for Christmas!

To top everything off, our Buckeyes won!!! They pulled the win out in the last few minutes of the game...and I was loving every second of it (except Gin of course). It was such a great game to watch!!!

Life is grand with good food and great friends...and a Buckeye win of course!!!!

9
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I have heard them called, Hawiian Hay stacks...They really are good.

I don't suppose you want to hear that my daughter went to UT?

November 21, 2005 12:27 AM

 
Blogger Captain Berk said...

Go competitive sport!

My officers compete regularly.

I do not.

I like being referee

November 21, 2005 11:03 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

Lucy,

Hawaiian Haystacks (or Chicken Sundaes) are more common names for it, but whatever they are called, they are certainly very good. Though, I admit that I eat mine with just rice, chicken, cheese, and gravy.

November 21, 2005 11:49 AM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

I would never have thought to offer pineapple or cherries. They sound tasty!

November 21, 2005 2:33 PM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Buckeye? that's Ohio isn't it? My English ignorance!

November 21, 2005 3:06 PM

 
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Mmmm . . . they sound wonderful. I am going to have to try them sometime. Sounds like a fun time.

November 21, 2005 6:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what no pizza .... what kind of football game is that!

:)

November 21, 2005 9:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it does sound like life is grand, can't believe you're still making all of this stuff so close to your move!

November 21, 2005 10:17 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Hawiian hay stacks Lucy...huh, makes sense. (Btw, I'm ignoring your last sentence...heehee!)

But referees somehow still keep their shirts on Berk...so why would you like it?

Awww, poor Armaedes and his favorite sports team. :-(

You gotta add a few nuts and pinapples for texture Guru!!!

I'm gonna make some more up for Christmas PJ! I'll be sure you get some.

Very, very good OGO! I don't usually do the cherries, but I have pinapple everytime!

Yes Capt, we are the Buckeye state!

It was TC!

We had pizza before Day, but since we have pizza anyway one day a week, I wanted something special!

I'm trying to get rid of some food BSTS! The more I make, the less I have to pack up!

November 22, 2005 11:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home