Life is Grand!!!

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Harry Potter!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We had such a good time last night! My brother came over to my house and we rode over together to meet our mom at this great (and cheap) Mexican restaurant. We had our food while my son fell asleep on my lap. Then my hubby, dad, and father in law joined us for dinner. As the men were finishing, my mom, sis, bro, and I headed on over to the theater, right next to the restaurant, to get out seats. We ended up sitting a few rows back from the middle, but it was a wonderful spot to see the movie!!! My hubby and dad joined us at the theater as soon as they got my son settled in with his Papaw (who gladly watched him for us!). We saw some wonderful previews (including one I def want to see only because it's directed M. Night Shyamalan) and then the movie started!

I must say that I was def looking forward to this movie since book 4 is my favorite of all the HP books!!! And I think the movie def did the book justice. It was long, at 2 and 1/2 hours, but it had to cover a lot of information and action. And I must say that I loved the special effects...especially the under water scenes!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(What a cutie!!!)

My hubby enjoyed the movie as well even though he hasn't seen HP 2 or 3 (crazy, I know!). He was a little lost in one or two parts, but he caught up by the end of the movie.

Btw, I can't tell ya how many kids under 5 where in the theater! Personally I thought that they were just a little too young to be seeing this movie. HP4 has more violence and death then the other 3 movies/books.

So, have you all read the books and seen the movies? If you have/had a young child, would you allow them to see this movie? Would you screen HP4 before letting your child see it?

12
Blogger MaR said...

My son has read all books, he wanted me to do it too but -sorry- I have only read book 1. Took him to the movies then for the first film and I was the one closing my eyes and asking him if I could watch then or not... He did ok but he must have been around 10yrs old. I wouldn't go again!! :D But that's just me whenever there is too much action on screen. Here via Michele's.

November 20, 2005 2:44 AM

 
Blogger utenzi said...

I've read all the books but only seen the first two movies. I was disappointed in the two movies. I've heard the last one and the one just released are a lot better.

The books keep getting darker as the characters get older so I'm a little surprised at all the young kids in the audience also...

November 20, 2005 2:46 AM

 
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Here from Michele..sort of...
I know what I am going to say is shameful!!! So, DON'T HATE ME!!!
I haver read any of The Harry Potter books...
I have never seen any of The Harry Potter movies...and I may not break my record of 'never' with this new one, unless...unless I am asked to vote on some of the performances by my union...
I'm truly sorry...

November 20, 2005 3:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i did hear that this movie was quite a bit darker, i'm planning on taking my 11 year old daughter to see it within the next few weeks. and i love m. knight, haven't seen the preview as yet.

November 20, 2005 1:13 PM

 
Blogger War Eagle said...

I haven't seen the movie yet. But, I have read all the books and would not let any child read or see 4-6. They are way to violent for anyone not 13 or older.

November 20, 2005 2:13 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

You should def read the books Mar! I think you would enjoy them...then again, I don't know if there's anyone who wouldn't.

I agrea Utenzi, the books are def getting more and more darker.

What are ya waiting for Oldoldlady?

I think she will love it BSTS!!!

You too should get out and see the movies War Eagle. I think you would enjoy them.

November 20, 2005 8:37 PM

 
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

My kids (27, 26 and 23 yrs old)just got home from seeing this movie. That seemed to like it. I stayed home and did the baby sitting. I have not read the books but I have seen all the previous movies. My children have read the books and they commented that this was a long book and they were wondering how they were going to get it all in.

November 21, 2005 12:32 AM

 
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

Okay. I've read all the books and seen all the movies so far and must admit that I took my 4 year old with me and the rest of the family. I covered his eyes ALOT but I don't think he would have forgiven me if I left him!

We had THE BEST SEATS!!!! I guess there is one good thing to be said about living in 'hickville'~ Hardly ever a line...even for the world's coolest movies!

November 21, 2005 10:19 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

My mom was going to watch my son for me Lucy, so I could go see the movie. But I noticed that she really wanted to see it to, so I surprised her with a sitter and took her along with us! She had a great time!!!

Do you take your son often to PG13 movies MC, or was it a special occassion just for the fabulous Harry Potter?

I loved the effects Becky! Like I said, my favorite scenes where the underwater ones! I loved watching Harry change...very cool!

November 22, 2005 11:37 AM

 
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

Just the Harry Potter my dear...sometimes others but not very often~ actually we usually only go to the $1.50 theater and watch family friendly ones. But he has seen all the others and especially loves the 'flying car one'...I couldn't break his heart.

November 23, 2005 1:02 AM

 
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

How funny! You just posted to me! HI!

November 23, 2005 1:03 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Thanks Texas!

I can def see why your son would want to see the movie MC! Who wouldn't?! Heehee!

November 23, 2005 1:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home