Life is Grand!!!

Friday, December 09, 2005

Simply Pleasures

Name 5 simple pleasures that you like most, then pick 5 people to do the same. Try to be original and creative and not to use things that someone else has already used .

1. Sleeping in...My hubby will let me sleep in at least 2 Saturdays a month. It's the most wonderful way to start the weekend, especially is I stay up late the night before to watch tv or to surf. I remember sleeping in till 1pm when I was a teenager, but now I'm lucky to sleep past 10. Since I'm so old (at 25), if I sleep in too long, I am tired and I have back and neck pains all day...crazy, I know!

2. Having cash in my purse...I hardly ever have cash since I pay for everything with my bank card. When I have cash, I just feel special. Heehee!!! And I save it for a very special occasion.

3. Babysitters...I have quite a few willing family members who are able to watch me son. Whenever my hubby and I have the time and the money to go out, we usually always have someone to watch the boy. We are so blessed in that way!

4. Not having to clean the cat box...when I go into the bathroom and see that my hubby cleaned out the cat box (without being asked), I'm am just thrilled! I don't mind doing the chore myself, but it's great to not have to clean it. It's just a nice surprise!

5. No hair tangles...with my hair being long, it tangles very easily. Some days after my shower it takes a good 15 minutes to comb out my hair. I've used many different products to help, but I just have long, frizzy hair. Now if I get out of the shower and it only takes 2 minutes to brush out my hair, I'm a happy woman!!!

I hope some of those haven't been used before by other bloggers (and I have soooo many more I could include)...and I'm not going to tag anyone this time! Sorry, I know you're all disappointed, but feel free to steal it like I did (from Jootastic...thanks!).


Btw, today is my sister-in-laws birthday! Do me a favor and go to her blog and wish her a happy birthday!!!

8
Blogger Jen said...

Ooh, those are ALL nice!

I have the world's straightest hair, though, so I'll give you some of my easy combing, if you give me some of your texture. Deal?

Hope tomorrow's a sleep in day for you!

December 10, 2005 12:45 AM

 
Blogger HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said...

Nice list. Simple pleasures are always the best.
Thanks for coming by earlier.

December 10, 2005 10:28 AM

 
Blogger Sue Richards said...

1. Vietnamese coffee.
2. My home delivery newspaper
3. Never needing an alarm clock.
4. Working in my home.
5. The roaring fire in my woodstove.

M sent me..

Sue

December 10, 2005 10:29 AM

 
Blogger Prego said...

1. Drawing or Doodling
2. Cognac
3. Playing hockey at 6am on Sundays
4. Making Creme Brulee
5. Having a 'family pile' wrestling session with the wife and two boys =p

Her via Michele - Nice to meet you.

December 10, 2005 11:26 AM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Those pleasures sound just right.

For me:

1: Breakfast in bed.
2: Watching a favourite DVD
3: Blogging
4: My birthday
5: Cheese on toast

December 10, 2005 12:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a hot pot of tea, a newspaper and no one at home for the morning, doesn't get much better than that for me.
i'm off to wish someone at happy birthday;)

December 10, 2005 5:29 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I want straight hair Jen!!! I have to go through 30 min with a straightening iron to get it all flat...so it's a deal

Thanks Courtney!

I love working in my home as well Sue.

Thanks for stoppin by Prego

I just watched my fav dvd tonight Capt!

Hmmmm, hot tea...that sounds great right now BSTS! And thanks for visiting Lo!!!

If Nexxus goes on sale Shelli, I'll def have to try it.

December 11, 2005 1:10 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Oh I love your simple pleasures Tania! I love reading a good book while wearing some comfy shoes and having my cat cuddles up to me! It's the best!

December 11, 2005 1:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home