Life is Grand!!!

Monday, January 30, 2006

That's Life

Okay, my job just got twice as hard. Since the oldest red head is now in big boy underwear, I have to make sure to take him to the potty every 45 min. And even then he is not guaranteed to be dry (since he just peed his pants). So I have to check him all the time!

I knew this time would come eventually, and I guess it's better than changing diapers...but it's still a pain! And then again, this is what I signed up for since I'm his care giver (during the hours of 7:15-5:30). So I guess I have no room to complain, do I?

Oh well, this too shall pass...life is grand that way!

19
Blogger Otto K. said...

Good luck with this. :-)

Wendy directed me here today

January 30, 2006 10:03 AM

 
Blogger Norma said...

I came over from Wendy's site--a bit out of sequence, but wanted to see what Trinity was all about.

And I see you're from Columbus. Me too. Toilet training? Been there done that.

January 30, 2006 10:16 AM

 
Blogger Captain Berk said...

I get Sulu to change mine. He seems to love it.

I'm too busy with important Captaining issues.

January 30, 2006 11:21 AM

 
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Don't think you were complaining. You were only airing out. I admire you for the hard work you have in taking care of that boy. I know you are a God loving person. Depend on it, God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supplies.

January 30, 2006 11:24 AM

 
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Forgot....Congratulations for a Silver medal on the Blog Olympics.

January 30, 2006 11:25 AM

 
Blogger BagOfNothing.com said...

i want to be a father one day, but this stuff sure is good birth control

January 30, 2006 12:16 PM

 
Blogger Katherine said...

Oh, I don't envy you! Good luck and thanks for visiting a fellow Buckeye fan.

January 30, 2006 2:58 PM

 
Blogger WendyWings said...

Wendy directed me here lol, actually the sequence got a bit messed up so I was just making sure you got a visit. It seems to be straightened out now :)

January 30, 2006 3:29 PM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

AWWW. I feel your pain. It'll get better. It always does.

January 30, 2006 3:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hopefully, he'll get the hang of it in a few weeks and then you'll see how worth it all those trips to the bathroom are.

January 30, 2006 3:57 PM

 
Blogger Jana said...

Ugh, toilet training. Going through that with my 3 year old right now. I don't think I could deal with someone else's kid! Good luck!

January 30, 2006 5:06 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, I am going to offer advice, again. LOL! If the redhead is still wet even with 45 minute potty trips, take him every 15 to 20 minutes. I know it creates more work, but maybe you did this consistently for a couple of days he will start recognizing he needs to go. Also, he will start to like feeling dry.

My first one did what the redhead is doing and that is what I did for him. Ben ended up being potty trained within a couple of days.

January 30, 2006 5:45 PM

 
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

Okay, so I thought you were a new comer to my blog with the new name of Trin and the new receipe blog (which I am dying to see...like how the movies go along with the blog name...fried green tomatoes, charlie and the chocolate factory! Ha!) Anyway, I see it is my old friend Trinity13! Oh, that quote..."This too shall pass" is one of my favorites! Have you ever heard of the Christian Comedian, Mark Lowry? He has a hilarious skit about that quote.

I understand about the underwear...Evan is potty trained except for overnight he still needs diapers for. But he does naps with underwear and rarely has an accident. At least I have no worries about Keegan! It did pass for him and Evan will pass out of it soon too. Can I hear an Amen?

January 30, 2006 7:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you both luck.

January 30, 2006 9:08 PM

 
Blogger Chrixean said...

It's ok, Trinity... all the work we do, tough or sweet... we do for God's glory ;-)

January 31, 2006 3:55 AM

 
Blogger Viamarie said...

I really admire what you are doing. I see a lot of handicapped children where I work so I know how you feel. While taking care of him, just think of your normal and healthy child and be thankful to God.

January 31, 2006 9:25 AM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

i hate potty training... hate it hate it hate it.. wish they just came out potty trained!

January 31, 2006 11:25 AM

 
Blogger Father of 3 said...

You don't have it easy, Trin. Get your hubby to take you on another vacation..soon!!

January 31, 2006 12:38 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Thanks Otto!

I love Columbus Norma! Glad to meet ya!!!

Hmmmm, soons like a personal problem Capt Berk!

Thanks for the kind words FC...I appreciate them!

Tell me about it BoN!!!

So true PJ!

Diapers leak Arm...and they are stinky!!!

Thanks Katherine!

Good to see you WW!

I know OGO, but I hope it gets better soon!

I hope he gets the hang of it this week BSTS...heehee!

Awww, thanks Becky!

Not fun Jana!!!

So true DW, I would rather have a little bit more work now and have him trained sooner! Thanks for the great advice!

Oops, sorry MC...that's a work in progress! And I love Mark Lowry...very funny guy!
Btw, AMEN!!! Heehe!

Thanks Day!

So true Chrixean, thanks for stoppin.

I'm very thankful Viamarie! I love the boys I watch.

Same here Killired!!!

I wish Fof3! That would be wonderful!!!

January 31, 2006 2:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home