Life is Grand!!!

Monday, January 23, 2006

My Mother-In-Law

Image hosting by Photobucket

Today is the second anniversary of my dear mother-in-law's passing. She was one of the kindest ladies I have ever met...and the best mil a girl could ask for!!!

I remember seeing her the day before she passed away. I found a nice pre-lit Christmas tree for her to replace her older, small tree in an after Cmas sale. So my hubby, son, and I went over to her home and set up the tree while she and my father-in-law were out. I can still remember her surprised expression when she opened the door and saw us standing there with her new tree. She was so happy!

A few hours later she went home to be with her Lord.

Today my hubby picked up our son during his lunch hour. Together they went and picked out some purple (her fav color) tulips for her grave. I thought that it was very important for my son to go with his daddy since I never want my son forgetting his Mamaw (she passed away a month and a half before his second birthday). I always want him to remember what a wonderful woman she was.

We'll see you again someday Mamaw!

8
Blogger David Edward said...

wow - such a sudden loss - and I am guesing she was young(ish)
Why do the good die young?
BLOGOlympics part 2 tonight

January 23, 2006 2:31 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

She was in her mid fourties David...thanks for stoppin!

January 23, 2006 2:31 PM

 
Blogger loelsh said...

We miss her very, very much!! I wish every day I still had my mommy! You're never too old to want your mommy, especially when you're sick.

I can't believe she's been gone for 2 years already!

January 23, 2006 4:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IQ test..
Together with my hubby we got 24 :P

I wish I could have gotten the rest, but I had to go to the grocery store.

January 23, 2006 6:06 PM

 
Blogger Carol said...

Trinity 13,
Out visiting the competition.

That is nice to hear how you are keeping your son's memory of his grandma alive.

January 23, 2006 7:01 PM

 
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

The passing away of someone we love and cherish, someone who is so good and wonderful is truly indeed a big loss to us and makes us wonder why. But God works in strange ways and has his own reasons. What is important is that you made her happy before she passed away.

January 23, 2006 7:28 PM

 
Blogger Chrixean said...

It's my mom-in-law's birthday today.... I'm glad she's in good health and she's happy.

I'm sure your mom-in-law was happy when she was with us here and is happier where she is, too. :-)

January 24, 2006 5:33 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Thanks PJ! We appreciate it.

I miss her too Lo!

Nice job Day!!!

We're trying Carol...thanks for visiting!

Yes, God had His reasons FC.

She was really young Becky, too young.

She is in no more pain now Chrixean.

January 24, 2006 9:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home