Life is Grand!!!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Up And Coming B-day

For the past couple of years, I have dreaded my birthday. I call it the day of disappointment. I try to look forward to it, but when I do, it's always a big let down. It's been this way since I was 19. I know things will never be like they are when you are a kid, but a girl can dream, can't she?

I just don't want to be this way this year. I want to be happy and grateful for whatever happens (or doesn't happen) on my big day. I want to have a different attitude starting right now! My birthday is about three weeks away and I want to look forward to it!

So, if you send a prayer out for my hubby, that would be great! He will soon be starting to think about plans for my birthday...and he needs all the help he can get!!!

8
Blogger Chrixean said...

Hey, hey! Happy Birthday! Birthdays are great! I love birthdays, especially when it's mine, heehee. Think of all the fun things you could do now that you couldn't do when you were younger! Think of all the fun places you are free to go to that your youth prevented you from going to! And even if your hubby doesn't plan something ultra-spectacular, why don't you plan something for the both of you? Girls are really much better with these things, so i say just go for it! Relax, enjoy, celebrate and have fun! :-D

January 11, 2006 1:50 AM

 
Blogger cube said...

Make your feelings known & your husband will get you what you want for your birthday. Most of the time, they're dying for a hint.

January 11, 2006 11:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree with cube. My husband is the most unromantic fellow ever!

January 11, 2006 1:54 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I never used to like my birthdays much either. Especially after I turned 30. Last year, the Deputy reminded me of something. As we get older, with children, it isn't about us. It is about what we have. And I have three little boys that like to make a big deal out of mommy's birthday. After realizing that, I think I look forward to them now.

January 11, 2006 5:21 PM

 
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Hmm. So your birthday is coming ha? Well, advance happy birthday. Of course it's okay to dream. You don't have to be young to dream. Even older people can. Birthdays are good because it reminds you that you are towards another step in you life, be it good or bad. Dreams are for free so go ahead and spend all you have for your dream in life and surely you will get it you only strive. Sweat it out too with all your heart for you will never in this world be born again.

January 11, 2006 11:52 PM

 
Blogger Shelley said...

Aww....Trin....I wish we lived closer so I could be an encouragment in person. Keep your chin up! Birthdays are milestones. Look at getting older as a badge of honor. That's how I'm trying to look at the access weight and stretch marks from having the kids. I never do big things for my birthday, but just spending time with family and going out with my hubby (a treat in itself with the rat race of life going on around me) is all the celebration I need. I will pray for your hubby, and also that you are content and happy on your birthday. Huggs!

January 12, 2006 8:33 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I'm helping my hubby plan something Chrixean!

I trying Cub!

My hubby is not very romantic either Day.

Thanks Texas!

Yes DW, I know I need to appreciate what I have...thanks!

I have a dream FC!

Thanks for the prayer and the encouragement Shelley!

I would love to Becky...I need a pedicure!

January 12, 2006 11:23 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I understand the sad bday thing. I feel ya. Happy bday anyway!

January 16, 2006 10:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home