Life is Grand!!!

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Furniture Moving

I'm never satisfied. If my hubby does something for me and he follows my specific instructions, I'm still not happy. I can always find something to critique...which can be good and bad. It's good only because I critique myself all the time and find new ways to try to improve myself.

Anyway, I'm not crazy with my couch placement. You see, after the Cmas tree was put away, there was a big empty spot in the living room. I was not happy with this. So a few days ago, I decided to move around the couches...but it was temporary since I still wasn't happy. Then my hubby and I spent about an hour moving them around again. We finally have them in a great spot, but am I happy? NO! It still doesn't feel right. But I think I could live with it if I moved the piano and the crystal cabinet...and maybe the dvd cabinet.

Hmmmm.......

11
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope the cabinet is not full of crystal!!!
i move my furniture around in our family room every season and i actually hate how i have the furniture in our living room but have no idea what i can do with it, i've moved it, but it just doesn't seem right.
hope you don't have to paint;)

January 08, 2006 9:31 PM

 
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Seems like you're a perfectionist.
Halt....otherwise you'll never finish moving all the furniture. (lol)
Had been like that before, but slowly changed because I get trouble with everyone. My hubby tells me a blind man can never live in my house as he will never be able to walk around. Everyday it's different.

January 08, 2006 11:15 PM

 
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

I change our furniture around about once every two months...my husband just shakes his head and laughs...especially since we have a very small house. Somehow I'm always rearraging it. My mom did that a lot when I was young. Not so much now (probably because it is too heavy for her now that she's older). I love change. It's always fun!

January 09, 2006 2:42 AM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

i rearrange while daniel is at work. he comes home in the wee hours of the morning and usually trips over what i have done. woops!

another solution: buy all new stuff that fits better in your house. that is what i keep telling my husband, but so far, he hasn't agreed. probably because we are single-income-check-to-check-with-a-new-baby. hmph.

January 09, 2006 9:23 AM

 
Blogger Shelley said...

It will be okay! Just chill! And remember, you can always re-arrange the furniture again. I feel like that a lot. I don't have much room to work with, so I can't really be picky where things are placed. But hey, only 11 months or so until that Christmas tree is back! Change is good, but don't get too worked up over it. Hang in there! Huggs!

January 09, 2006 9:50 AM

 
Blogger BagOfNothing.com said...

the same thing is happening over here at my house. wifeGeeding has me moving and moving and moving furniture. oh my aching back

January 09, 2006 10:12 AM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

It sounds to me that you shouldn't have moved the Christmas tree.

January 09, 2006 3:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my living room couch arrangemnt has been in the same location for exactly 15 years. There is no other place to put it!

Bummer because I would love to move it.

January 09, 2006 3:36 PM

 
Blogger A Woman From Illinois said...

Congratulations on the 5lb loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We move furniture about once a year. Sometimes longer. I am a creature of habit and dislike change.

January 09, 2006 6:36 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

It is BSTS! I just don't know what to do next.

I can def be a perfectionist FC!

I never used to be this way MC...just here where I have more room to work with.

We just bought new couches AS, so I have to work with what I got! HA!

I think I might rearrange Shelley!
Thanks for the huggs!!!

My hubby sympathizes BofN!

Oh yes, I guy thing PJ!

Hmmm, the floor you say Arm? Sounds good right about now!

I know Capt...I'll know better for next year!

It was that way at my last place Day...but I have more room here, so nothing looks right.

Thanks WFI! I too am a creature of habit, but I'm also a perfectionist.

The walls Becky? Hmmm, I'll have to work on that! Heehee!!!

January 09, 2006 11:14 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I'm so glad I'm not alone anymore Texas...thanks!!!

January 10, 2006 1:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home