Life is Grand!!!

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Resolution

Besides getting a pet octopus and eating more gummy bears, I have decided to try to lose weight again this year (and not by tossing midgets). For the past two new year's, I have always resolved to lose 40-60 pounds. Last year I lost about 40 and I'm hoping to beat it this year. I def need to get back in shape and lose some of this excess weight. I know I have put on some holiday pounds since my pants are not fitting so well right now.

I think I'll use my Tae-Bo tape again this year, along with some added walking in the evening. We live in a nice community, so I would love to walk it a few times a week. I might also work out on our new (to us) Total Gym. We got it by trading in our trampoline, which we can't have at our townhouse, for it. (Thanks Oz for the great trade!!!)

Just like the last two years, this diet does not start on the first of January. I'm waiting till the third to start this one up. I want to wait till after our Fiesta Bowl party...cause I want to enjoy the Mexican food!!! Hmmm, tacos!

10
Blogger utenzi said...

Hi Trinity. I'm visiting from Michele's.

I'm in the same boat as you and many others. My NY resolution is to lose weight. I'm at 215 now and I want to get down to 190. I'm holding off on starting for a few months though--so this way I can't break my resolution really quickly.

Since you lost 40 last year you should be getting towards your eventual goal. I hope this year sees just as much progress for you, Trinity. Happy New Year!

January 02, 2006 1:16 AM

 
Blogger scrappintwinmom said...

My husband and I have decided to try and lose weight together this year. I'm keeping my expectations low. Best of luck to you and Happy New Year! Here via Michele.

January 02, 2006 1:25 AM

 
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Octopus for a pet? Isn't this quite difficult to acquire? Eating gummy bears okay but not too much lest you get indigeston. Losing weight very much approved.
Happy New Year. May you and your family have the best and most prosperous new year ever.

January 02, 2006 7:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to try and loose weight also this year.

The pants have been getting tight for while...:(

January 02, 2006 10:35 AM

 
Blogger loelsh said...

If ya ever want someone to walk with, I'm right around the corner. I have also put on some lbs over Christmas (and the last 6 months!)

January 02, 2006 11:46 AM

 
Blogger Shelley said...

Good luck to you sweetie! I am with you on the weight loss. You have done fabulous though I have to say. If I can lose this 42 lbs I will be within my healthy range. If you need a someone to chat with along the way for encouragement, just let me know okay! I'm here! I might need help too because my hubby is slim and trim and makes me want to gag. Not really but I'm envious! Keep on trucking! Now enjoy that Mexican food!

January 02, 2006 2:57 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow - Congrats on your weight loss. Wishing you the best in achieving your 2006 goal!

January 02, 2006 8:19 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Gosh, you did a great job last year! Keep it up. And yes, please do not start until after the bowl games are over. On my calendar, that is when the eating season truly ends...

January 03, 2006 12:59 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Good luck with losing weight Utenzi, Trantortwinmom, Day, Shelley, Zachary

Thanks for stopping by Romanduck, Barbara, and Friday's Child!

Just give me a time Lo! I would love to walk with some company!!!

Thanks DW! But if I don't start soon, I won't have any clothes that fit! Heehee!!!

January 03, 2006 2:17 AM

 
Blogger A Woman From Illinois said...

I know you can do it Trin. I have 1 pound left to lose to be 50lbs lighter.

January 04, 2006 1:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home