Life is Grand!!!

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

A Great Holiday!

(Warning: This post is a little long since I haven't been online in a few days...read at your own risk! Heehee!!!)

Over all, we had a wonderful Christmas (and we still have one more tonight)! My hubby, boy, and I went to a Christmas Eve service on Saturday, and then we headed over to my parent's house. We had a yummy meal of cinnamon and orange rolls (a tradition)! Hmmmm, so good!!! Then we had our gift giving time. My son got drums, a piano, and a ton of cloths (he really needed them). My hubby got a computer and I got a new diamond ring! The new ring (with real diamonds) takes the place of the cheapo ring (with cz's) I got while on a cruise last year. I just love the new one...so thoughtful of my mom!!!

The next day my hubby, son, and I had our little C-mas together. I got my laptop (and when I say mine, I mean ours...just like my car- it's "my" car, but both my hubby and I pay for it...just like "his" truck...get it?)! I also got Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and a new brown coat that I had my eyes on (a total surprise unlike the first two)! My son's big present was a Leapster L-Max...and he just loves it!!! He has been playing it non-stop for the past two days! I got my hubby a cell phone case, a few new shirts, some large playing cards, something for his room in the basement, a wall clock, and a few other little things.

After our C-mas, I made food for the next gathering at my fil's house. Once there, we made up a delicious feast, ate, and then opened up all the gifts! My fav gift that I got there would have to be the laptop case that Lo and Guru got me (thanks!!!). I just love the colors! My son once again got some much needed clothes and some really cool toys! My hubby got money and the first season of Quantum Leap on DVD. (And I was able to give my fil the blanket I had been working on. His wife started it, but was not able to finish it since she is now up with our Lord. I went ahead and finished her work and gave it to him that day...it was very touching to see him open it. I def shed a few tears!)

Then my hubby got a ride home with Guru and Lo (since he was on call and could not leave our side of town), as the boy and I went to yet another C-mas celebration. This one was at my grandma's, but I ended up being an hour late since I lost my way in the fog. I seriously could not see anything...it was so thick! Anyway, I finally got there and had more food and presents. I got cash (always a good thing!) and my hubby also got cash (I was made to open his gift since he wasn't there) and used boxers!!! As it turns out, my grandpa was getting rid of some of his personals and my grandma decided to wash them up and give them out to all the men!!! Can you believe it?! Okay, first off, they were waaaay too small for my hubby. Second off, they. were. used. boxers. Gross!!!

We had a Christmas here at our house last night, so I was busy cleaning for a few hours yesterday. In fact, I was so rushed while loading up the dishwasher that I sliced my finger open with a knife. What a gusher (gross, I know!)!!! I got blood all over the place and my sis tells me that I was white as a ghost. My bro told me that I needed to get stitches, but I didn't have time. There was just too much to do to stop and take care of my thumb. (But it's looking better today.) Besides the sore thumb, the party was a success!

We have one more C-mas get together tonight (again at my house) and then we are finally done!!! I'll be putting away the tree as soon as I can, and finally getting out my everyday decorations. I'm hoping that this will free up some more storage area in the basement. I can always use the extra space for the C-mas gifts (for next year) that I'll be getting sometime this week!

So, what was your fav gift or memory this year?

10
Blogger G said...

I can't say yet, but it's made of wood, and You know what it is! Thanks Honey!!

December 28, 2005 12:43 AM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

my sweet boy! he is the best gift EVER!

oh, other than that, i really like my new kitchen towels. :)

December 28, 2005 6:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wooo! I made it through that post. I keep on reading and reading and reading.....But finally made it to the end! I think that a lone was a great accomplishemnt!

Glad to hear you are have a great celebration. (except for the boxers, used and from an old person...yuck!)

December 28, 2005 9:00 AM

 
Blogger Jana said...

Sounds like a great holiday! My favorite memory this year was when my oldest son opened up a package of four books he's been wanting. He was so excited! And I love books, so I always get a warm glow whenever he gets excited about them, too!

December 28, 2005 11:23 AM

 
Blogger Shelley said...

Quite truthfully my favorite memory was the kids' faces lighting up on Christmas morning, and spending time with family and friends was/is the most wonderful gift. Huggs...have a super Christmas holiday and even better 2006!

December 28, 2005 1:04 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Yikes! At least you were bleeding on the dirty dishes! ;) When I didn't have health insurance, there were a few times I sliced myself up pretty good, and didn't want to pay to get it fixed (I know you're not going in because you don't have time, I think I'm just telling too much backstory.) Anyway, I used those butterfly strips and they were always just fine.

It sounds like (other than that) you've been having a lot of fun!

I've had a lot of fun this year with Christmas, and I've been working on some projects of my own since DH is home this week. I'll post pictures tomorrow...

December 28, 2005 3:32 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I actually like my son's computer games best!

December 28, 2005 10:49 PM

 
Blogger Leslie said...

let's see...Christmas was so different for us. We are so far away from any family so we had no family get togethers whatsoever. Really missed it. We hosted an open house for our church the week before Christmas, and then put off a Christmas eve service and then a Christmas morning brunch/worship service.

Since then we've been alone and relaxing. It has been good for us. We haven't been so preoccupied with work and the computer or housework. we've played lots of games, went for family walks and read. It has been good. A peaceful, Christmas.

Bonus...I got a new pair of boots that I really wanted but would never put the money out on myself. yay! They are fur and funky and I can't wait to get some snow so I can wear 'em!

Happy new year!

December 28, 2005 10:51 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Ha, ha G!!!

Awww, how sweet Amanda Sue!

I just had a lot of info to share Day...heehee! Thanks for reading the whole thing!

It was PJ...thanks! And I might have to just take a pic of the tree. I'm ready for it to go bye-bye!

My son loves book too Jana! He just loves to have us read to him.

Thanks Shelley...you to!

But I cut it on a dirty knife Jen! Yuck!!! Oh, I can't wait to see pics!

I didn't like the movie either Armaedes, but I had to have it since I love the original.

Thanks for stoppin by Barbara!!!

I'm glad you got to have some relaxing time Leslie...that's always nice! I've tried to have as little stress as possible this year. Btw, yeah for new boots!!! I want some...heehee!

December 28, 2005 11:47 PM

 
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

Oh, you poor baby! I'm sorry about the gash in your thumb. At least the rest of the time sounded awesome.

Best: the look on my boys faces opening gifts.

Worst: go see my blog about Christmas dinner.

December 30, 2005 4:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home