Life is Grand!!!

Monday, December 19, 2005

We're Back!

My family had a great time this weekend. Like I mentioned, we headed to West Virginia right after Sunday church. We stopped to have some lunch, but got to Oglebay around 3. We checked into our room and I was worried about where my son would sleep. I forget to get his sleeping bag since our room was supposed to just have one queen size bed. I was hoping the room would have a couch for him to sleep on, but as we walked in, I was surprised to see 2 queen sized beds in the room! I was so very happy!!!

(You know those signs where it shows you what room numbers are what direction? Well, we were the only indoor room on a particular floor...so the sign only had our room number on it! We even had our own pop and ice machine! We will def try to stay in the room if we visit again!!!)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

After we got settled in to our room, we headed out to explore. We visited the pool and the surrounding shops. We got a few C-mas gifts and then headed to Hoss's for dinner. When we were finished, it was finally dark enough to see the lights. We drove the 6 mile route and my son loved every minute of it! He especially loved the bridge of lights...very cool!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

(The boy and I outside one of the shops)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

(The boy in Santa's chair)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I would def like for this to be a yearly tradition for us. We had a great time exploring and it was nice to get away for a few days...plus, it really didn't cost that much! (You know how much of a penny pincher I am...heehee!!!)


Btw, my grandpa is doing well (thank you for all your prayers!). He doesn't need his hip replaced, but they will be putting a pin in it. And we are still not sure if he will be going home or not. But thanks again for your prayers!!!

10
Blogger Viamarie said...

Praise God for sparing your grandpa from surgery! At least it gave your family a chance to visit and have a break.

Just saying hi! Michelle sent me

December 20, 2005 5:04 AM

 
Blogger Matt said...

dear trinity/ i know i havent written a blog in ages but i just did one this evening. please read it and if you agree with the points im trying to make pllease help me pass it along. far more people read ur blog then mine.

please if you agree with what im saying please help me get the ord out

i thank you very much hun matt aka wheels

December 20, 2005 6:05 AM

 
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

How cool that your room number was on the sign. I am so glad that your grandpa didn't have to have surgery.

December 20, 2005 8:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I glad to hear things aren't as bad as they thought for your grandpa.

I also love the tunnel. I wish I could go there. My husbands Grandma lives in Charleston West Virginia. I was only there once. She is 94.

December 20, 2005 10:44 AM

 
Blogger Father of 3 said...

That kid got to sit in Santa's chair?!? Luuuuuucky.

December 20, 2005 12:17 PM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Your boy was in Santa's chair? Where had Santa gone to? Was he on a lunch break, and so your boy was standing in?

December 20, 2005 3:21 PM

 
Blogger Chrixean said...

Hey cool, he got a taste of what it was to be Santa. Did he suddenly feel the power surge through him? hehehe.
Glad to hear your grandpa is getting better. I'm off to our family vacation now, too -- to the beach! Be back on Christmas Eve :-) Bye!

December 20, 2005 7:17 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

We were actually able to visit him tonight Viamarie!

I should be working on something soon Matt.

Thanks TC!

Awww, too bad Armaedes!!!

Very cool tunnel Day! You should def try to get there sometime.

Wasn't he Fof3?! Heehee!!!

Santa came out later that night (I think) Capt. While he was gone during the day, kids were able to get in his chair for pics...cool, huh?!

Oh yes, power surge Chrixean! Heehee!!!

December 20, 2005 11:32 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Thanks Ivy and PJ...we did have a wonderful time!

December 21, 2005 9:17 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

That looks like so much fun. I love the light displays. Yeah for mini vacays!

December 21, 2005 10:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home