Life is Grand!!!

Sunday, December 11, 2005

5 Things

I got this from Better Safe Than Sorry...I'm supposed to list five things about me that you probably don't know. So, here goes!!!

1. When I was young, I used to try on my parents glasses. I loved wearing the glasses so much that I used to punch my eyes. I thought that if I punched them enough that I would wear out my eyes and my parents would have to get me glasses...it worked.

2. I used to steal small items from stores when I was about 12. I don't know why I did, but I was as much of a penny pincher then as I am now. I didn't steal a lot, but thankfully I quickly realized the error of my ways.

3. I peed my pants when I was 15. I was on a missions trip in Spain where a group of us helped out repairing and painting a children's camp. While there, toilet paper (and leaves) were hard to come by. It took me a while to find some tp, but I just couldn't make it! I ended up peeing my pants, but it was such a relief to get it out!

4. The first time I chica-chica-ed was the day after I got married. My hubby and I saved ourselves till then, but we had one busy wedding day. By the time we got through the wedding, pictures, reception, and dinner, it was past midnight when the marriage was official! Heehee!!!

5. When driving, I have a fear of getting to close to the cars to the right of me. I make sure to leave plenty of room for that side and I will drive on the left side of the road until I see a car coming. I started this when I accidentally hit the mirror of a parked car with the passenger mirror of my own car. I am still scared to death of hitting something! I thought I knew where I was at in my car, but I got overconfident and I paid for it (if you know what I mean).

10
Blogger Marie said...

Hi there!

Ouch to the eye-punching! And to think that now people get laser surgery so that they DON'T have to wear glasses! LOL.

Michele sent me this evening...

December 11, 2005 10:00 PM

 
Blogger BagOfNothing.com said...

I went through the same 'glasses' phase.

December 12, 2005 7:44 AM

 
Blogger Candace said...

The words "parents" and "glasses" somehow reminded me of my childhood, when our parakeet would sit on my father's glasses while my father was reading the newspaper. The parakeet would lean way over and chew on the top of the paper while my dad read!

December 12, 2005 12:11 PM

 
Blogger Jana said...

#4 - same here, except it was actually the next morning. We were just too tired.

December 12, 2005 1:44 PM

 
Blogger Jootastic said...

awww... you waited to chica chica wa wa.... how sweet!!!

December 12, 2005 4:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm kind of like that with the driving thing, i think my vision isn't quite right, i don't have a proper sense of how close i am, but so far, knock wood, haven't hit anything.

December 12, 2005 4:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hated my glasses and would break them on purpose so I wouldn't have to wear them. It wasn't until I was in my thirties that an eye doctor really explained the reason why I had to wear them.

December 12, 2005 8:18 PM

 
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

I got glasses when I was three. I used to hate them, I buried them in the sandbox, lost them in the schoolyard and all kinds of stuff to cause my parents worry.

December 12, 2005 11:56 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I'd love to have my hubby get that surgery Marie!

Don't we all BoN?!

Too funny Arm!!!

What a nice memory Candace.

Huh, too bad Puremood...heehee!

Good...I'm not the only one Jana!

Isn't it Joo?! A little too sweet?!

I'm glad you haven't hit anything either BSTS! It's def not fun!!!

I would have gotten in big trouble if I broke my glasses Day.

I can't even imagine having glasses so young TC!

December 13, 2005 1:46 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

So true Becky.

December 17, 2005 11:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home