Life is Grand!!!

Monday, January 02, 2006

Fiesta Bowl!

We won! We won!!! My lovely OSU Buckeyes won at 34-20 against Notre Dame! What a victory! Yeah baby...but I had no doubt! Heehee!!!

We ended up having a really great fiesta (all because of PJ's presence...heehee!), at least I think so! I made Max & Erma's tortilla soup (my first time making, but I think it turned out pretty good!), my cheesy chip dip, and sweet corn cake. Then I also had some seasoned meat and cheese for soft and hard shells. We then had left over Cmas cookies, buckeyes, fudge, fried ice cream pie (hmmmm!!!), and bunny tracks ice cream (thanks Guru and Lo).

(Btw, could I have any more links in that above paragraph?!!!)

My diet officially starts tomorrow. I plan on taking over all the Mexican leftovers to my parents house. Since my mom fell yesterday, hurt her back, and messed up her ankle, she's not able to go to work...and she can't get up to cook. So, I'll be wrapping all the food up and taking it over so she doesn't have to cook for the next two days (yes, we have that much left over) and I won't eat it all on the new diet!

Did you watch any football yesterday or today? Did your team win?

10
Blogger G said...

Your menu was awesome honey!

Here's my review of the game/party.

January 03, 2006 2:13 AM

 
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

I enjoyed looking at your menu...what a good daughter you are to bring food over to you mom. Hope she is alright. Loved your weight loss graphic on your blog. Michele sent me.

January 03, 2006 4:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i didn't watch football, my guys did though. hope your mom is going to be ok.

January 03, 2006 6:40 AM

 
Blogger Viamarie said...

Sorry to hear about your mom's fall. Hope she's doing better now especially with your tender loving care. Your menu looks so enticing...it made me hungry by just reading it.

January 03, 2006 7:14 AM

 
Blogger BagOfNothing.com said...

I'm also a big THE Ohio State University fan. I was so happy to see them win!

January 03, 2006 8:31 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

A fantastic menu makes the party, and you had a fantastic menu! Fried Ice cream pie sounds yummy, but no link!!!

I am glad your team won. I don't even want to talk about them Iowa Hawkeyes. Poor playing and poor officials... sniffle...

January 03, 2006 12:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would say since you didn't link me in that post then you could have added one more...
wahahhaaa!

January 03, 2006 9:56 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I watched the parades, no football.

Good luck on your diet!

January 03, 2006 11:22 PM

 
Blogger jennypenny said...

Being the good Canadian girl that I am I had to watch hockey (no football for this girl). Your food sounds amazing though!! I would watch football if I got to eat all that fun stuff. I want to try out making a tortilla soup somtime. You made me hungry reading your post. There goes my so called resolution to eat better.. I need to go make some nachos. Yes I do know that it is 1 in the morning :) Nachos taste better at one in the morning

January 04, 2006 1:21 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Thanks G!

I love my momma Lazy Daisy!

She'll be fine BSTS...just saw her tonight.

I'm hungry again just thinking about all that food Viamarie!

I knew I liked you BON! Go Bucks!

Awww, thanks DW! I tried to find a link to the pie, but couldn't. If you are interested, I can post the recipe.

It should be 75 Arm!!! I'm a fatty!

Thanks for coming PJ! You made the party!!

Aww, I'm sorry Day...I'll know better next time! Heehee!!!

Thanks Barbara!

Well, us girls really didn't watch much football Jennypenny! We just looked at the tv when we heard the men shouting...heehee! (Btw, hmmmmmm, nachos!)

January 04, 2006 1:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home