Life is Grand!!!

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Mawage

Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday.

Just found out yesterday that my aunt is getting remarried this October. She had been married for almost 15 years when her husband repeatedly cheated on her. They separated and now she has found a great guy! Her kids could care less about this man, but her son really needs a good, strong father figure in his life.

Anyway, my aunt asked my mom to be one of her bridesmaids. She also has 2 other of her older sister-in-laws as bridesmaids...and the main wedding color is pink! Pink!!!

I know some of you are wondering what the big deal is about pink, but I just don't care for the color myself. But I have a good reason...I'm a red head. I just don't do pink!

With my aunt's first marriage, the color was also pink. I happen to be her flower girl, so I was dressed in pink as well (I'll have to find that pic). It was not a pretty sight!!!

Is there any color that you just don't wear?

11
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

My favorite color is red. But colors on things to wear, I love pastel colors. They look and feel cool.

January 24, 2006 9:33 AM

 
Blogger Viamarie said...

Best wishes to your aunt. Age doesn't really matter when love is concerned. As to colors, I don't wear yellow. I don't mind wearing pink but if I was given a choice with other colors, I prefer lavender, beige and light blue.

January 24, 2006 9:48 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was always a pastel person, but since gaining weight I find I like nautrals better. But I can't say that I have never worn a certain color.

January 24, 2006 10:18 AM

 
Blogger Jana said...

I'm a winter - I cannot wear pink. But much worse than that on me is orange. I had this favorite shirt once that was orange. I finally gave it away because even though I loved it, I looked awful in it.

I had my mom make beautiful floral dresses for my bridesmaids, with lilacs on a tan background. Very understated. I didn't want to be the bad bride!

January 24, 2006 10:35 AM

 
Blogger cube said...

I'm not too fond of pink myself, but have to say that orange is the worst color ever!

My favorite color is blue.

January 24, 2006 10:55 AM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

I don't really have any that I consistantly steer clear of myself. I go on the case by case basis.

I've missed you! I'm glad I can start checking in on you again!

January 24, 2006 2:34 PM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Black wouldn't be a good colour!

January 24, 2006 3:35 PM

 
Blogger MaR said...

I don't own anything in pink or in orange. I love blue! I think a wedding in pink would be fine, as long as it is a soft pink...
Congrats on your silver! nicely displayed.

January 24, 2006 3:53 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I am with ya on the pink. I am not a redhead, but that color is yucky. I would never wear it.

Great, I said never and now I will probably end up wearing it in the near future! That always happens when I say never!

January 25, 2006 12:53 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

You could just let your hair grow out to its natural color in time for October in order to rock the pink....

But, even if you keep your hair dyed the red, you could still wear the pink proudly. Many red heads are doing just that these days and looking fabulous. Our pastor's daughter and Lo's cousin to name two.

January 25, 2006 2:44 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I'll stick to natural colors like brown and green PJ! But the pink looked great in your wedding sweetie!

I too like red FC...red hair that is!

That's another color I don't care for Viamarie...yellow. Just not flattering on me!

I don't think I've ever worn orange Day!

I'm def a fall girl Jana. And my aunt made my bridesmaids dresses. I picked my fav color-blue!

I think we all agree that orange is just not a good color Cube!

Same here with the orange Texas. Keep it with Halloween!

Hmmmm, I don't wear that color either Arm!

I missed you too OGO! Good to see you again!!!

I love black Capt...but I think it's only good for evening weddings.

I too love blue Mar...it's a wonderful color!

That's my point Becky. Why would you have the same weddings color that you did for your first wedding???

Finally, someone who agrees with me! Thanks DW!!!

When it comes to weddings Guru, I try not to wear anything the same color as the wedding colors. So pink is out!!! :-)

And the hair will be brown again prob after I donate 12 in to Locks of Love. (Btw, I've never liked pink on red heads...no matter if they are cute to begin with. But that's just me! Pink and red don't mix in my book.)

January 25, 2006 5:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home