Life is Grand!!!

Friday, January 27, 2006

It's Official...

The autistic boy's mom is carrying a boy. She was hoping for a girl since the chances of autism go waaaaaay down! But she did tell me that she and her hubby will def not be getting immunization shots for this one. They did with their first and that's when he switched from a healthy, normally developing child into an autistic boy.

Btw, the mom has me a little scared after what she said this morning. She said that the baby has been very active for the last few weeks, but she hasn't felt any movement since Tuesday. She did say that she has been more active the past few days, so she could be rocking the baby to sleep...but he hasn't been moving when she has been resting. When you can't feel the baby moving, your supposed to drink a can of pop and lay down for a while. But she is afraid to do that since she has gestational diabetes. So I told her to get to her doctor as soon as possible since she is at high risk for a miscarriage. I just hope everything turns out okay!

10
Blogger Viamarie said...

You were right by telling her to see her doctor. No sign of movement is dangerous. She should not take things for granted. Hope she follows your advice.

The immunization had nothing to do with her child's being autistic. She has nothing to fear about. In fact, more problems will develop when baby isn't immunized as scheduled.

January 27, 2006 10:14 AM

 
Blogger cube said...

I don't know much about the autism vs. immunization controversy, but I had my girls immunized for the reason viamarie stated. It's more dangerous not to.

About that poor mom, I feel bad for her. A sonogram would set her mind at ease. Babies don't all perform calisthenics in the womb, some are more quiet.

January 27, 2006 11:28 AM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I know there is a lot of controversy in England about autism & immunisation.

January 27, 2006 2:37 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope all works out well for that family.

With my second pregnancy, I did not feel the baby moving enough towards the end of my pregnancy. He was fine, but I think I was too busy taking care of my older one to notice when he did move. He was actually breach and turned himself around in my 38th week. And I did not feel it!!! Odd, huh?

January 27, 2006 3:35 PM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

Has she been taking any medications? My SIL couldn't feel the baby moving and as it turns out she had put the baby to sleep by taking Tylenol PM. (Don't get me started on my SIL!)

Can she have some fruit juice? I know it has sugar but surely not as much as soda.

January 27, 2006 8:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll say a prayer for her and the baby.

January 28, 2006 12:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've never heard of that pop thing, but you were right, she should see her doctor.

January 28, 2006 2:39 PM

 
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Same here too. Hope the baby is okay. Better still she pays heed to your advise to see her doctor.
By the way sent you a message to add yourself to my Frappr Map.
Thanks in advance.

January 29, 2006 10:09 AM

 
Blogger Jenny said...

Interesting thing about being pregnant and vaccines and autism. If the mom is exposed to kids who have not been vaccinated those kids may be carrying rubella, it's not a bad disease for kids and adults and they can have it and not know it, sometimes... the fetus that the mom is carrying (or baby) could end up dead, badly deformed or even autistic. The irony is rather above and beyone ironic.

Not vaccinating kids to keep them from being autistic is totally, absolutely baseless and dangerous to the kids and to those around them.

Whooping cough can kill babies, it can cause damage to and kill kids. There are outbreaks of it in this country because people aren't getting vaccinated like they should. There was an outbreak of rubella last year in Canada among a bunch of unvaxed kids and the adults they live with.

Measles was just found in New Mexico. Measles can be mild or it can kill a kid. Polio can be brought in on a plane from Africa or Indonesia in one day. A little Amish girl got polio last year.

Diptheria is horrible and it's still around in other countries.

The question of vaccines and autism is almost settled in the UK, most people now don't buy the vaccine theory. It was a load of garbage to begin with.

Thanks for listening. I hope the mom's baby is alright and that she vaccinates her kids as directed by a competent doctor.

autismdiva.blogspot.com has lots of stuff about autism and the hysteria surrounding it.

January 29, 2006 6:05 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

She thinks it is Viamarie...and no one has convinced her otherwise.

True that Arm!

I know it's more dangerous Cube, but I wish I could convince her.

Yes Capt, I read up on some of that...very interesting.

So do I DW! And yes, very odd!

She has been giving herself her shot for her diabetes OGO. But I'll suggest the juice, thanks!

Thanks Day!

I hope she did this weekend BSTS!

Will do FC!

I hear ya Camille! But she is so scared to get the baby shots. She doesn't want to risk anything. She's even willing to homeschool the child if the schools won't accept him for not having his shots.

January 29, 2006 9:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home