Life is Grand!!!

Monday, April 10, 2006

Taxes...Check!

My hubby and I were able to finally work on our taxes for a few hours last night! After putting in how much I earned in child care for last year, we were most definitely in the negative. We were expecting to have to pay, but that was a lot of money! Then we started putting in all my deductions. I saved just about every grocery receipt from last year, and I was able to add up all the items that I used with/for the boys (like certain foods, detergent, and dishwasher soap). We also were able to claim some of our utilities (like part of our electric bill since they enjoy watching a little TV every day) and part of my car and the mileage! I saved all the receipts from gifts I had given them as well as the receipts from the times I took them all out to eat. So now, after all the deductions, we are in the positive!!! We are actually getting money back this year...I'm so excited!!!

Btw, would you please remember to pray for my good friend PJ today?! You can read all about what she is going through here. Thanks everyone!!!

10
Blogger Pete said...

Congratulations. That makes all that hard work and effort worthwhile. Also, kudos to you for making a plan to keep all of those receipts and stuff (and actually doing it) that made all of it possible.

April 10, 2006 11:53 AM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

It's amazing what can happen when you add up all those little amounts isn't it?

Good for you!

April 10, 2006 11:54 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Don't forget you can deduct toys specifically for daycare or a portion of your son's toys. AND you can deduct an amount for a room in your home that you devote to daycare. (Like the family room or something.)

April 10, 2006 1:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was shocke dto find out that when the kds turn 17 it's less of a deduction. I thought it was 18. Our tax check was less this year and going to be even less next year. I reall y needed the money right now.

April 10, 2006 2:08 PM

 
Blogger Shelley said...

Will pray for your friend. We got money back this tax season but it's all being saved for our car insurance...whee!

April 10, 2006 2:51 PM

 
Blogger Jana said...

Awesome! We got our refund back - our bank account really needed it! Now I've got to get the state and local taxes filed. I hate tax season.

April 10, 2006 3:18 PM

 
Blogger Robin said...

Ummmm, we haven't looked at our taxes yet!! Yikes!!

April 10, 2006 10:16 PM

 
Blogger Chrixean said...

Yup, tax season's here as well. thank goodness my accountants are taking of all these things because I'm really bad with numbers and payment deadlines. :P

April 10, 2006 10:57 PM

 
Blogger Becky said...

Taxes are such a pain. I was considered self-employed for the past three years and I had to owe every single one. I couldn't believe how little of an income increase would amount to a 50% tax on that little bit. Congrats on the refund!

April 11, 2006 2:47 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Thanks Guru! It feels good to have them done.

Oh yes, I love it OGO!

Right DW, we def added that I use the family room as the main boy watching room.

Oh, didn't know that Day...thanks for sharing.

I think I'll money will go toward the up and coming hospital visit in October Shelley!

Same here Jana!!!

Oh, better get started soon Robin! :-)

Heehee, good idea Chrixean!

That's one think I hate about being self-employeed Becky!

April 14, 2006 9:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home