Life is Grand!!!

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The Little One

Okay, let's get the important stuff said first...our little one is very healthy!! The baby is right on track and weighs 11 ounces. My blood work results were fantastic and I haven't gained any weight yet (I'm so proud of myself-I've been eating better and I take a nightly walk). I'm measuring exactly where I should be and my due date is still October 25th...of course, they will prob take me about a week early since I'm a repeat C-sec.

The ultrasound was pretty long. We were with the u/s tech for over 20 minutes! After doing her measurements, she let me take a look at her screen. It was so reassuring to see my little one moving about. Because I haven't had much sickness recently, and since I haven't felt any kicks yet, I needed to make sure that I was still pregnant...as crazy as that seems! I know I have a prego belly now, but I just had to see my little alive and well.

My son was scared at first to see the u/s tech mess with my belly, but he eventually loved looking his sibling on the computer screen. When he found out the baby's gender, he actually started crying...he was soooo upset! On the other hand, my hubby was thrilled!!! He had to reassure our son that next time around we would try for the sibling gender he wanted.

No denying it, we are def sure of the baby's gender. Our little one made sure we could see their little parts! The results:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

16
Blogger Unknown said...

How cute. Congratulations. Years ago when I was pregnant they didn't do sonograms as a routine. Only when something odd was suspected. So imagine my surprize when they did one on me cause I was having twins.

June 07, 2006 9:55 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

Looks like I'm going to be an uncle again. Congratulations!

June 07, 2006 10:01 AM

 
Blogger Jennboree said...

Congratulations! glad you and baby boy are doing well.

It is pretty weird to get to pick the day your baby is born. We chose Oct 2 for ours.

Congrats too on keeping your weight in check! Often easier said than done :)

June 07, 2006 10:18 AM

 
Blogger loelsh said...

Yea! I'm glad everything is looking good! I'm sure the boy is going to love having a little brother once he's here.

Even while I was kind of rooting for a boy with our second, looking back, I'm glad they're both girls. They (usually) play really well together and I didn't have to buy all new stuff.

Now you can try again for a girl and be opposite of us with two boys and a girl to our two girls and a boy!

June 07, 2006 10:39 AM

 
Blogger Shannon said...

I knew it!!!!
Congrats!

June 07, 2006 10:39 AM

 
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Congratulations for a healthy baby boy! Does your other one like a girl? That will only be for awhile. When the baby comes, he'll love it.
Thanks for dropping by.

June 07, 2006 10:46 AM

 
Blogger Jana said...

I'm so glad everything is good with the baby! Congratulations on another little boy. He and your son will be best friends.

My oldest cried when he found out my third was a boy, too.

June 07, 2006 10:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't that sweet that your son wanted a baby sister?

June 07, 2006 11:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I was right...a little boy. How exciting. Our little boys can grow up together- in cyber space that is;)

June 07, 2006 11:46 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Tres bien

June 07, 2006 9:38 PM

 
Blogger Chrixean said...

Yay! Congratulations on another junior, mommy! I think it's so sweet that your son was looking forward to a girl! My son was no too thrilled with finding out we were having a girl. He actually said he wishes he had magical powers so he can turn into a boy! haha! So any name prospects yet? :D

June 08, 2006 5:25 AM

 
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

Boys are great!

I have an urgent prayer request. Please visit my blog for details. Thanks!

June 08, 2006 6:47 AM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Aw, congratulations! How fun :-D

June 11, 2006 3:01 PM

 
Blogger Leslie said...

YAY!!!

Boys are so fun.

I had my girl after two boys so you never know..your son may get his wish in due time!

June 11, 2006 9:49 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Thanks for all the congrats everyone!!!

June 13, 2006 11:37 AM

 
Blogger Becky said...

Whoo-hoo! Congratulations on your healthy boy. Yeah, I dont' think I've ever heard of them making a mistake with the boys:)

June 15, 2006 12:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home