Life is Grand!!!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Busy Day

I'm watching two extra kids today. You see, I'm their family's back-up, back-up sitter...if their regular sitter and their grandma can't watch them, they call me. So today I have my four year old, the red-headed three year old, a chubby two year old, a teething red-headed one year old, and a 6 month old little girl (the only girl of the bunch!). It's been quite an experience for me that really has been testing my patience level. But things are all good right now since the youngest two are down for their naps. I'm just not looking forward to lunch time when all 5 will be up and hungry!

About 18 months ago, I was used to watching this many at one time. At that time I watched a 5 year old who loved to help out with the babies, but I didn't have her for very long. But for almost 7 months I have only had three (including my own, but not including the autistic boy I watch) to care for during the day. I've gotten used to my little group, so it's weird to add two more to the bunch...but I've only got 6 more hours to go!

Looks like no nap for me today. Oh well, life goes on. Have a great hump day!!!

9
Blogger Pete said...

Mo Kids = Mo Money

Just keep your eye on the prize and the six hours will fly by! (Or not, but I'm trying to be optimistic.)

May 24, 2006 10:12 AM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

You're looking after a lot there, Trin!

May 24, 2006 10:45 AM

 
Blogger Jana said...

I don't envy you today! Hang in there!

May 24, 2006 11:33 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Sometimes, while watching other people's children, the time seems to drag on forever, at least for me. I don't think I could cut it in the child care profession.

May 24, 2006 12:16 PM

 
Blogger cube said...

Yikes! You sound like you have your hands full.

May 24, 2006 2:01 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Wow! Did you survive?

May 24, 2006 2:15 PM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

You are my hero. I mean it.

May 24, 2006 2:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

makes you think twice about having a large family doesn't it?

May 24, 2006 6:05 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I hear ya Guru...It was a lot more money!!!

Tell me about it Capt!

Will do, thanks Jana.

The time didn't drap on too long Barbara...thank the Lord!!!

I did Cube!

I'm still here Jen!!!

Awww, thanks OGO!

Well, if this one's a girl, I think we might stop Day.

May 26, 2006 10:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home