Life is Grand!!!

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Locks Of Love

(Warning: There are a lot of pics in this post, so it might take a while for the page to load.)

Last Saturday I finally cut my hair cut to be donated to Locks of Love (an organization that makes wigs for children without hair). I really felt inspired to grow my hair out in the first place by hearing that my nieces were planning on donating their beautiful hair. I thought that if they can do it, so could I! (They donated their hair back in April...see the pics here.)

So, I let my hair grow out as long as possible. It was above my shoulders about three years ago, but since my hair grows really fast, it was long enough to cut last Saturday. Plus, I really didn't feel like going the whole summer with long, hot hair (esp since I'm prego).

Here is a before pic of my red hair:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My mom split my hair up in four sections so that the cuts would be more even. Here is a pic of the first cut section (see how happy I am?!!!):
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Action shot:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My mom's dog watched with great excitement...heehee:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And the new length after 11 inches cut in the front and 12 in the back:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here is a pic of my very sad hubby. He loved my long hair and tried many times to talk me out of cutting it. He knew it was for a good cause, but he just really loved my hair:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I decided to go for a completely new color to go with the new length, so my mom slapped some product on my hair (which is perfectly safe while pregnant as long as the room is well ventilated):
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And here is the new look (yes, I have plum colored hair!) with a piece of my cut hair for comparison:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I've got to say, I feel fantastic! My neck is cool and I feel 10 pounds lighter!!! I just love my new do and my hubby is even getting used to it...he can't stop staring at me! :-)

9
Blogger Oh great One said...

That is something I'd like to do as well. It's just that since we've moved to Louisiana I don't know if I can endure long hair!

Your new do looks great! I love getting a new look it is such a pick me up!

May 17, 2006 9:47 AM

 
Blogger Jana said...

That looks fantastic! I love the color! I might be posting similar pictures soon. I'm getting tired of the length of my hair, and especially of little hands pulling it all the time!

May 17, 2006 10:08 AM

 
Blogger loelsh said...

Oh, I love it! I see you didn't go for the highlights. But that's good, cause you can save that for later in the pregnancy when you need a little something to make you feel better, or even after baby for a little post-partum pick-me-up.

It looks great! And just in time for summer!

May 17, 2006 10:34 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Good for you! My daughter cut hers for Locks a couple of years ago. My hair wont grow that long.

Yours looks great-better for a summer pregnancy, right!

May 17, 2006 11:21 AM

 
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

This is the first time I've heard of hair being donated. That's nice. It's also nice to know that there are young ones who are aware of this.
You look good in short hair. You look much younger.
Thanks for dropping by.

May 17, 2006 11:27 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

I was a little dubious of the color when I heard about it, but it looks good. Congrats on helping the chillrens.

May 17, 2006 11:30 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic!!! I love the new look. It makes you look so youthful.

My son was going to donate his, but something happened and he ended up getting it cut before it was long enough.

May 17, 2006 3:03 PM

 
Blogger Becky said...

You are amazing for doing that. I don't know if I'd have the guts. Your hair is so pretty that I bet it grows quickly, too.

I like the new color - it's interesting to see how different it makes you look, so now you can go back and forth whenever the mood strikes you:)

May 17, 2006 3:34 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I was soo tired of it OGO...just to hot! And thanks!!!

Thanks PJ, Jill, FC, and Guru.

I love the color as well Jana, although it's fading to a pretty brown.

I might do highlights next go around Lo...maybe some black tips.

I agree Day, I look and feel so much younger!

It does grow very quickly Becky...so I might have to donate again in a few years.

May 23, 2006 10:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home