Life is Grand!!!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

No-Bake Love

(Note-not a pic of my no-bakes, but it's pretty close to how mine look!)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

At our last church fellowship, I made some pasta and my famous no-bakes. People love them wherever I go, so I thought it would be the perfect dessert to take. Well come to find out, our church's pastor (and my care group leader) loves no-bakes and was happy to know that I make them. He ended up telling me that he would love for me to bring them to group sometime cause he was only able to enjoy one cookie that night.

Well, I ended up making them last night to take to care group. My pastor was shocked that I would make cookies just cause he requested them! He ended up eating 8 in an hours time!!! I've never seen anyone eat these cookies like he did...not even my hubby or even Guru! This guy (who is really skinny btw)was obsessed!!! And he got down on his knees to thank me when I told him that the he could take home the leftover cookies! It was too funny!!!

Btw, here is my recipe if you are thinking of trying them. And, I will be attempting a few variations here in the near future. My pastor wants a white chocolate no-bake and my hubby wants me to try to make a coffee flavored no-bake. I just hope the hubs doesn't mind all the taste-testing!!!

10
Blogger Pete said...

The only thing that has kept me from eating that many is my desire not to look like a pig, which granted, might be what separated that poor, desperate man and myself!

May 10, 2006 9:22 AM

 
Blogger BagOfNothing.com said...

i never had a no bake. thanks for providing the recipe, i might just have to give this a try.

May 10, 2006 10:39 AM

 
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

yes this no bake pastries are very yummy too and very easy to prepare. Anyway copied your recipe.

May 10, 2006 11:21 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the recipe! I will be giving them a try this week-end. A nice summer treat to make since I don't have to turn on the oven!!!

May 10, 2006 12:25 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

I wonder if I could make those with almond butter? My son is allergic to peanuts, but he handles almonds OK. I can usually substitute...

I'll have to try it.

How fun!

May 10, 2006 12:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't make those. I've tried so I leave it up to my mom.

May 10, 2006 1:39 PM

 
Blogger Becky said...

Do you have to use the peanut butter? I wasn't sure if the consistency was required or not b/c unfortunately, that's a deal-breaker for me:)

May 10, 2006 5:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've made those cookies before, they're great!

May 10, 2006 9:00 PM

 
Blogger Robin said...

J'aime "no-bake cookies". (How was that, Merve?)

Translation: I love no-bake cookies. :)

May 11, 2006 10:13 PM

 
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

We used to make round, chocolate no-bakes when we worked at the children's home. The kids called them "dookie balls" and considered them a delicacy.

May 12, 2006 9:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home