Life is Grand!!!

Friday, May 05, 2006

4 Year Check-Up

My hubby took our son to the doctor's to get his four year check-up yesterday...and I was a little nervous. I wasn't going to be able to go (since I had two red-heads to watch), and I just wasn't sure if my hubby would remember everything. But, I think he did a great job! He told me everything that the doctor said (well, everything he could remember!) and I was very pleased with what she had to say! I guess his doctor was very impressed to hear that our son is reading some words and sentences already. The boy even read out some words to her in the check-up room to prove it.

But, she did say that he needed to work on a few more physical activities...like cutting paper and bike riding. Our son has always been a little behind with those types of things. For example, he didn't start walking till he was 15 months old! But he was an early talker. So I guess for what he lacks in, he makes up in another quality.

The doctor also said that hopefully the boy won't gain too much more weight for the next two years. He is a solid 55 pounds (and my future football player!), but is very healthy. So, he should be growing up instead of out the next few years! :-)

Oh, the boy also got three shots yesterday. I wasn't expecting him to get any till he started kindergarten, but for some reason he got them at four years old. But his daddy said that the boy hardly whimpered when getting the shots...so they got some ice cream to celebrate!

All in all, my hubby and boy had a wonderful day together yesterday! It's great for them to have that bonding time...even if some of it was spent at the doctor's office!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

13
Blogger Pete said...

Glad to hear that he is doing oo-tay. When you say "future football player", I'm hoping that you mean Buckeyes!

May 05, 2006 11:03 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

You had better believe it Guru!!!!

May 05, 2006 11:05 AM

 
Blogger Jana said...

Wow, 55 pounds - what a chunk! Definitely sounds like there's football in his future!

May 05, 2006 11:30 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like it was a good day! Hey maybe he'll play for Texas or Alabama. Of course by the time he gets to be a teen, he might slim down.

May 05, 2006 12:37 PM

 
Blogger cube said...

I always hated taking my girls in for shots. It's always nice to be spelled by your hubby.

May 05, 2006 2:27 PM

 
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

It's nice when fathers sometimes do some of the responsibilities towwards their kid.
My grandson who was premature at birth started to walk before 12 months. He is 1 year and 10 months but doesn't say many words yet. His Neo-natologist told us to put him on a diet as he is 18 kilos around 36 pounds. Have a nice weekend.

May 05, 2006 5:47 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Trinity - My 10 year old weighs 55 pounds! The pediatrician says to try to get him to eat more. My husband is always putting food in front of his face. I'm not so concerned because I weighed 54 when I was 10, I was healthy.

May 05, 2006 7:02 PM

 
Blogger Chrixean said...

My son is 7 years old and is a skinny little kid. He eats quite a lot and is very active. Guess it's partly genes (?). My hubby is braver with watching my son take his shots. I can't stand watching a little boy wince in pain.

May 06, 2006 12:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heathy kids are great news. glad to hear it. my son has always been big too.

May 06, 2006 8:49 AM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

That sounds like a great day was had by all.

May 06, 2006 12:17 PM

 
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

Wonderful! Reading already? WOW!!! You are such a sweet mommy. I love hearing about your family. What a sweet hubby.

May 07, 2006 12:25 AM

 
Blogger Viamarie said...

Praise God for making him healthy. My grandson was also behind in some things when he was around 24 months but before he turned 3 years old things started to pick up real fast and he is now so advanced in a lot of things. So there is no need to worry.

(((Hugs)))

May 07, 2006 2:04 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I hope so Jana!

I don't think so Jill...he's gonna be a Buckeye and the next AJ Hawk!!!

I'm glad the hubby was there for the shots instead of me Cube!

I love it when the boys can spend time like that together FC!

As long as they are healthy Barbara...my son is just very healthy!

I hate it Chrixean...his daddy might have to take him everytime!!!

Thanks Day!

It was, thanks Capt!

Oh yes MC, he loves books!!!

I'm def not too worried Viamarie!

May 10, 2006 8:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home