Life is Grand!!!

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Band Practice

As my hubby mentioned, we had his band practicing at our house for the past two nights...and I've got to say, it's been wonderful! I love hearing them play and sing together! It's been a real blessing to me to be able to host this great group. It's like I've been to a concert! They have an excellent new drum player who learned all the music in a very short time. They also have a new female lead local who blends extremely well with our existing male lead vocal. The bass player was finally able to make it last night (he can get pretty busy with work), and my son and I were dancing in the kitchen to his low guitar beat. The electric guitar player was also able to make it to the practice and he is constantly playing his guitar, even during the breaks. They also have a very talented violin player that adds something really special the group. The piano player brought over all his sound equipment and made our basement unrecognizable! My hubby even took a pic that you can see here.

Speaking of my hubby, he is having a wonderful time playing his acoustic with this band. I'm so glad he is enjoying himself and getting a lot accomplished with the others. They even have a concert scheduled for the end of May!!! I'm very excited to hear them again in front of a large group of people!

7
Blogger Pete said...

[quote]my son and I were dancing in the kitchen to his low guitar beat.[/quote]

Well, the bass is - without a doubt - the best instrument!

May 09, 2006 2:16 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! Good for you all :-)

May 09, 2006 2:49 PM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Hope you enjoy it all, Trin!

May 09, 2006 3:42 PM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

The mental image I got of you and your son boppin' around the kitchen made me smile!

May 09, 2006 5:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how great is that. my youngest is learning how to play the guitar, even though she is just a beginner, it really brings something to our home.

May 09, 2006 5:57 PM

 
Blogger Viamarie said...

Don't they need a lead singer? To make it a family of musicians, you should take that part.

Yipee!!!

May 09, 2006 7:19 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

It's great the whole family can join in and you all enjoy it.

May 09, 2006 7:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home