Life is Grand!!!

Friday, May 12, 2006

Mother's Day

For Mother's Day this year we have decided to stay home and have a cookout. I think it's much better than trying to fight the restaurant crowds like we did last year. Plus, I've really been craving grilled meat! I don't know why!!! I just think about biting down into a nice juicy hamburger or a well cooked steak and I find myself in my happy place (and it's one of the many reasons I think I'm carrying a boy).

So, this Sunday my hubby will be cooking all the food! My parents and siblings will be joining us for corn on the cob, baked potatoes, deviled eggs, and my hubby's famous meatloaf burgers! I can't wait to eat all that yummy food...even though the hubs is preparing it! :-)

I need to get my mom's gift sometime this weekend. I have had a hard time deciding what to get her, but I think I might pick her up an October birthstone pacifier. I gave her a March pacifier for her necklace right after my son was born, so she's due for an October one as well (for the new baby)!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Do you have any special plans for Mother's Day?

18
Blogger Captain Berk said...

Mothers Day occurs on an alternate day in my sector.

I will be dressing up as a woman to celebrate.

May 12, 2006 9:51 AM

 
Blogger cube said...

Happy Mother's Day weekend to you! This must be an extra special one for you.

As for me, all I want peace and quiet.

May 12, 2006 10:19 AM

 
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

That's nice having to spend mother's day at home. This time celebration is for you. Happy Mother's Day.

May 12, 2006 10:54 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

I'm not sure what we are doing on Mother's Day proper.

I'm sure that I'll go drop by and see my mom, but that is not always a good time, since she is only ever available for a visit while she is working at the bar and I just don't like taking the kids there!

May 12, 2006 1:32 PM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

Meat loaf burgers? Sound tasty!

I'm not sure. I think I might ask for a repeat of last year. No one gets out of their jammies all day. We watch movies and chill.

May 12, 2006 7:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be writing my tradition possibly tomorrow.

May 12, 2006 9:23 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

No plans at all, must be the guys are surprising me.

May 13, 2006 12:32 AM

 
Blogger Viamarie said...

This year, we will celebrate it at home because we are presently experiencing a typhoon.

Happy Mother's Day!

May 13, 2006 8:58 AM

 
Blogger Joan said...

A cookout sounds fantastic.

May 13, 2006 11:59 AM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Hope the day goes well, Trin!

May 13, 2006 12:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy mother's day, enjoy your bbq, sounds great!
my husband and son will be away for hockey, the girls are making me a brunch of some sort and hopefully cleaning up the mess afterwards. i plan on relaxing, playing with the dog, maybe even an afternoon nap.

May 13, 2006 2:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great Mother's Day. There is nothing better than a cookout. I love them more than any restaurant.

May 13, 2006 9:58 PM

 
Blogger A Woman From Illinois said...

I hope your day went well!!!

May 14, 2006 10:30 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Just stopping by to wish you a Happy Mother's Day!!! (whats left of it!)

May 15, 2006 12:51 AM

 
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

My friend, Bonnie Writes, had a hilarious post about BBQ's...I'm going to paste it here. Hope you got more rest than most women do when their man 'cooks'!

After the long months of cold and winter, we will soon be coming up to summer, and BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking, as it's the only type of cooking a real man will do.

...Probably because there is an element of danger involved.

When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:

Routine...

1) The woman buys the food.

2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.

3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.

Here comes the important part:

4) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

More routine....

5) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.

6) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he deals with the situation.

Another Important part:

7) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

More routine .....

8) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces and brings them to the table.

9) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.

And most important of all:

10) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.

11) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed "her night off."

...Upon seeing her annoyed reaction, he concludes that there's just no pleasing some women...

May 15, 2006 5:26 AM

 
Blogger Chrixean said...

We celebrated Mother's Day at Outback Restaurant where my little boy and hubby trated me to lunch. Love their steaks...mmmmm....:-)

Happy Mother's Day to you!

Btw, my blog is open today for any special prayer requests. Pls come by if you wish to....

God bless!

May 15, 2006 6:20 AM

 
Blogger Becky said...

I love BBQ as well, though I'm just not motivated to fire it up... for myself and on a condo patio. Glad you enjoyed your day!

May 15, 2006 5:30 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Sounds good CB!!!

Thanks Cube, FC, Viamarie, Capt, BSTS, MC, and DW!!!

I hear ya Guru!

I love them OGO and Faith...so yummy!

I'll be sure to read it Day.

How fun Barbara!

I love cookouts Joan and Becky!!!

It did, thanks WFI.

I love Outback Chrixean and I haven't been there in the longest time!

May 23, 2006 10:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home