Life is Grand!!!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Baby Shower

Last Sunday was my friend's baby shower...and it was quite a success in my book! My hubby and I were able to get our house cleaned and decorated in time for the guests to arrive. We played some really fun games after everyone arrived! My sis melted several types of chocolate bars in different diapers and guests had to name the candy. Then they had to look at 6 unlabeled baby food jars and name them (they could taste them of course!). We also did baby gift bingo, guess the mommy-to-be's belly size (with string) and who's got the dirty diaper (I made little diaper name tags with one of them a poo diaper). And then with our food, I gave each person an ice cube in their drink...but the ice cube had a little plastic baby in them. The first person to "break their water" and have their baby, won!

I was able to use my chocolate fondue set for the first time as well! I set out homemade pound cake as well as pretzels, graham crackers, marshmallows to be dipped in it...it was soooo good!

(My set looks similar to this one)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Even though the party was a hit, I'll never co-host with mom-to-be's flaky friend every again and this is why:
-She showed up 20 minutes late
-She brought all three of her kids (ages 8-12), so it was a good thing my hubby was around to keep an eye on them!
-The food she brought was the leftovers from her friend's son's graduation party from the night before (and you could def tell!!!)
-She forgot to bring several things (like certain items for the games and game prizes...but luckily I went ahead and bought them knowing she would possibly forget)
-She played along in a game, won, and wanted a prize...and I should have told her that her prize was the one she forgot to bring with her!
-She was in charge of taking the pictures, but she only took about 6
-Her kids made a huge chocolate mess!!!
-She didn't clean up after them and she didn't help clean up anything else

Okay, I'm sorry for being mean, but she just got on my nerves! I had to vent just a little and why not here on my blog?!!!

Oh well, have a great Tuesday everyone!

10
Blogger Viamarie said...

I know how you feel about people who just takes things for granted after all the preparation you went through.
Dis she know you were disappointed?

Btw, I find the games interesting. They're new to me.

May 23, 2006 8:12 AM

 
Blogger Jana said...

I am still trying to get over the melted chocolate in the diapers game. Eww!

Those sound like cute and fun games! Sorry you had a bad co-host, but I'm glad the shower was a success!

May 23, 2006 8:59 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

Flaky friend sounds like a witch. Glad you were able to pull it off in spite of her.

May 23, 2006 9:17 AM

 
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Ahhh! After all what you've done for her! Your baby shower was superb! Your friend sucks really.
I don't think you are mean by airing out what you feel. I would have felt the same way too.

May 23, 2006 9:23 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

That'd get on my nerves too!

May 23, 2006 9:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man, i'd be fuming!!!
those games sound awesome, if and when my daughter ever has kids (long time away, she's not even dating anyone) i'm calling you to be my hostess!!!

May 23, 2006 9:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is not a co-host!
Your friend is lucky to have you.

May 23, 2006 8:07 PM

 
Blogger Robin said...

Sounds like the party was fun, even if you DID have to do it all yourself despite having a "co-host". :) That melted chocolate in the diapers game is just a hoot!!

May 23, 2006 8:54 PM

 
Blogger Chrixean said...

Hey these games are really cool! I might just "borrow" a few of them for the baby shower we're hosting for a friend tonight :D
Oh yes, and you're friend sucks big time....:P
Thanks for sharing!

May 24, 2006 2:17 AM

 
Blogger Captain Berk said...

She sounds useless. I will gladly beam her to Starfleet command where she can take up an admiralty position.

I'm always cleaning up their mess out in the field.

May 24, 2006 9:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home