Life is Grand!!!

Monday, June 05, 2006

Party On Dudes!

Even though I wanted to get through this weekend as soon as possible (to be closer to my ultrasound date), I really had a good time. Saturday my son and I hung out while my hubby had a mandatory work day...but he got some nice overtime pay!! Then that night we went over to my parent's house to attend my brother's good-bye party. He left on Sunday for a three week trip at a stunt school in Washington State. While there he will be learning precision driving, wire work, martial arts, rappelling, harness work, and how to catch himself on fire (just to name a few). My mom is already missing him since now she has an empty little nest. But my brother will do sooo well...and he is even paying for the trip with his own money! I'm so proud of him!!!

After Sunday service, we have a BBQ and Baptism party at the church. They had a ton of food and a couple of those inflatable jumpy things for the kids. They also had a football game set up that was run by an ex-OSU football player who is attending my church and a dunk tank where every one of my pastors took a turn in! It ended up raining for about 15 minutes during the party, but we just took shelter in one of the food tents, so it was all good!

Even though the church has two ponds, they brought in a portable hot tub to do the baptisms (cause not a lot of people want to get dunked in a dirty pond!). At my church, you don't have to be a pastor to baptize someone. If you are getting dunked, you can have any influential Christian in your life baptize you...so it was neat seeing a girl get baptized my her dad!

Oh, my old boss, who I posted about here, and his wife were baptized on Sunday as well. Seeing that really helped me let go of all the resentment I had toward him. I was actually moved to tears seeing him perform this wonderful act of service!

Btw, I'm happy to say that I've won my first gold medal in the Blog Olympics! It was for a training camp, but I'm very excited anyway!!!

9
Blogger Jana said...

My brother used to do all the stuff, too. He wasn't at stunt school, though...

Good luck tomorrow!

June 05, 2006 10:27 AM

 
Blogger BagOfNothing.com said...

stunt school sounds AWESOME.

makes me think of lee majors.

June 05, 2006 10:31 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

I hope your bro does well at school and is able to put it to good use in the future.

Lo has always said he looked like Ben Affleck, maybe he can be his personal stunt double!

June 05, 2006 10:35 AM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

Man you are just a bundle of energy! I'm only about 8 weeks along and I'm dragging booty! You are still my hero!

June 05, 2006 3:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet, your first gold, congrats!!!
sounds like an extremely busy weekend.

June 05, 2006 3:59 PM

 
Blogger Viamarie said...

Cheers for getting the gold! You truly deserve it.

Happy Tuesday!

June 05, 2006 7:01 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on your gold medal!

June 05, 2006 10:20 PM

 
Blogger Becky said...

He's up by me! Stunt school? That is so cool! So, when he can go to movie premieres, you'll invite me, right? Right?

June 05, 2006 10:45 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Ha, funny Jana!

He is doing some incredible things Bag!!!

I hope so too Guru...he hopes to be working in Hollywood by this fall.

Awww, thanks OGO!!!

Thanks BSTS, Barbara, and Viamarie...I worked hard. NOT!

I'll put you on the looooong list Becky! :-)

June 07, 2006 11:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home