Life is Grand!!!

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Experiments

Recently I have been experimenting with my no-bake recipe. I have gotten suggestions for new flavors from some friends. So, Monday I tried making a coffee flavored no-bake. I replaced the cocoa powder for a couple of tablespoons of a cappuccino mix plus a little bit of instant coffee. It took a little bit longer for the cookies to set up, but they ended up tasting wonderful!!! They are soooo very good! And my hubby has named the new cookie the no-brews...how cute is that?!

Then yesterday I tried making a white chocolate no-bake. I added white chocolate pudding powder instead of the cocoa, but it looked like they weren't going to set up (they finally set up overnight). So I tried a second time to get it right. I decided to add a lot less peanut butter (since I wanted to keep the cookies a whitish color) and used a ton of marshmallow cream. I was very pleased to see this batch set up! And they tasted pretty good too!!! But next time I will add a few white chocolate chips to the mix and take out the peanut butter completely...should make them perfect!

Hmmm, I wonder what flavor I should try next?

12
Blogger Pete said...

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. No messing with the recipe! Are you trying to give me a heart attack?

Coffee? Eww. I guess I am just a no-bake purist.

May 31, 2006 10:38 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

But you like my pb ones, right?

May 31, 2006 10:40 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

Not as much as the original. They are merely another cookie to me, not on par with the OG NBs.

May 31, 2006 11:10 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

mint chocolate yum!

May 31, 2006 11:46 AM

 
Blogger Robin said...

Your experiments sounds wonderful!

May 31, 2006 12:53 PM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

I'd be willing to try the coffee ones but I'd be the only one who'd eat them. That could be a good thing....

May 31, 2006 1:25 PM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

May 31, 2006 3:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um..dod you say NO BAKE? I want the recipe:)

May 31, 2006 6:09 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

ooooh, pictures please!

They sound wonderful.

June 01, 2006 12:45 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I'll def try mint sometime Chrisie!

Thanks Robin!

I'll send some to ya OGO...heehee!

Ahhh, Capt, come on now! Gotta try new things once in a while! ;-)

Will do Faith!

Thanks Barbara!!!

June 02, 2006 12:08 PM

 
Blogger Becky said...

Personally, I'm think you could work on how to ship those puppies out and keep them fresh:)

June 05, 2006 2:10 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I'm actually exploring the idea Becky!

June 07, 2006 11:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home