Life is Grand!!!

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Church

My husband and I have been attending the same church for the past few months. And I must say, I really am enjoying it! The music is fantastic! It's like going to a concert every week. The church has this amazing electric guitar player and he usually has a guitar solo every week...it's freakin awesome! The upbeat songs help get me get pumped up for the message.

The music, along with with my son's wonderful Sunday school class, the great pastor, and the friendly people (and the free coffee provided for during the service!), is just a little of what made my husband and I consider becoming members.

We knew that my old, stinky boss and his family had been attending for the past few weeks, but we didn't expect him and his wife to be in our membership class! Come to find out, they have only been attending the church for four weeks! To me, becoming a member of a church is a big deal...it's not something that should be rushed. But attending the class does not automatically make you a member, so I have no clue what their decision was.

I'm trying to stay positive about this, but it is so hard! I know that he needs to be in a good church, but why did it have to be mine? We sit on opposite sides during the service, but I don't ever like catching a glimpse of him!

Yes, he annoys me that much!

I wish I could roll this off my back. I want to not care that he is there. I feel like a terrible person for even being bothered that he is there. I just pray that I get over this soon.

12
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

God must have a reason for making him a member of that church and much more in your group. Time will tell.

February 20, 2006 1:54 AM

 
Blogger Viamarie said...

Did you know that singing praise songs is the highest form of worship? Well, enjoy your church services and don't let the presence of your boss affect your day with the Lord.

Have a great week!

February 20, 2006 7:08 AM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

I understand your feelings. I was a little sad when my brother in law and his wife started to attend our church and I LOVE them. I felt like it was MY place to be me and worship without being scrutinized. They were my friends and then I had to share them. I got over it but then they switched churches!

Hang in there!

February 20, 2006 9:51 AM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

aw... poor thing. that is hard! sharing churches is no fun when it is someone you don't like.

i'm praying that God will change your heart. :)

February 20, 2006 11:42 AM

 
Blogger srp said...

Here from Michele.
God gives us guidance but we have to be ready to hear it, and act on it in faith. Tests come in all shapes and forms.

February 20, 2006 4:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No coincidences, is what I say. :)

February 20, 2006 4:44 PM

 
Blogger War Eagle said...

Wow, a church like that would get me to attend services. I'm not really into organized religion. I see my relationship with god as a personal thing. I always saw attend a church service is more of a social thing not a religous thing. What kinda church (denomination) is that?

February 21, 2006 3:19 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I know Anon, and I do love him in Christ...but I just don't like him very much!

I hope so FC.

It def is for me Viamarie...I love singing!

That's why we didn't become members of my parent church OGO. We wanted a place of our own.

Thanks for praying Amanda Sue.

So true Arm!

This is def a test Srp!

You're right Faith.

It's wonderful WE...you should try to find a place like it.
Btw, it's a Southern Baptist church. We don't dress up, have pizza parties once a month, game nights twice a month, and have a frisbee (sp?) golf course! I love it!!!

February 21, 2006 9:18 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

I do have the "unique pleasure" of knowing the guy, too.

He isn't such a bad person. He is a crappy boss, but was a fairly nice guy, though he had a bit of a lying problem.

If I never knew him from work and only knew him from church, I could stand to attend church with him. Give him the best chance you can - it has been over 4 years.

February 21, 2006 10:34 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

First off Guru, he liked you...he didn't like me. He was hardly ever nice to me.

I just don't like seeing his face it all!!! :-) But, I'm trying.

February 22, 2006 9:47 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

He hated me at first for the same reasons he didn't like you.

He even tried to not get me promoted, even though it was promised to me.

I just won him over later with my charm!

February 22, 2006 12:47 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

You may have won him over, but he was and will always be a butt-munch!!!

February 22, 2006 3:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home