Life is Grand!!!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day

Tonight my hubby and I are just going to stay at home with our son and enjoy each other's company. We really don't feel like having a grandparent watch the boy and we both don't want to try to brave the crowds. So I will be making up a yummy pot roast with red potatoes and carrots. It's one of those all day in the oven meals, so that mean little effort on my part. I will just toss the food together in about 2 hours and then bake it for eight. I get to enjoy the smell all day!

My father-in-law asked if he could come over, but I don't think he realizes what today is. He usually comes over on Tuesdays anyway, so I really wouldn't mind if he joins us tonight. He doesn't need to be alone.

Do you have any special plans for tonight with your honey?


Btw, you have to try out this Valentine's letter generator (that I stole from Bag of Nothing...thanks!). Here is mine:

My dearest Hubby G,

How are doing my angel?

My sweet love, I want you to know that I love you dearly and I always will.

I absolutely LOVE your big bald head! I think its really cute and from a distance it looks like a baked bean. Don't take that the wrong way love, cos I actually love baked beans. Of course I wouldn't actually eat your bald head.

I love going out to the movies with you my love. I think its fantastic to watch you get excited about a film and then walk out of there when you realise there are no sex scenes or close-ups of peoples bums. Remember you did that in Star Wars? It was cute how you tried to get your money back and then failed. Oh I laughed!

My love for you is sweeter then sugar, and there is no other love for me ....well OK, I guess I also love my TV which, I understand is only a box containing silicon and bits of metal, but oh it brings me joy and just holding the remote control feels really nice in my hands, but we're not talking about that right now! (Besides the fact that I just mentioned it now, but that part was allowed because the context was a little bit relevant)

Hope you have a great Valentines Day my darling lover!

With all my heart,

Trin

oxoxo

12
Blogger cube said...

Stopped by to wish you Valentine greetings. BTW it sounds yummy at your house.

February 14, 2006 12:59 PM

 
Blogger Becky said...

Sounds like a nice and happy way to spend your night. My Ex and I had a thing where we could only spend $20, so we had to think of something creative. We never went out b/c, as you said, the crowds are a pain.

February 14, 2006 1:07 PM

 
Blogger Shelley said...

I'm with you on staying in, I love just spending time at home with my Hub-unit. Have a great Valentine's day - wish I could come to your place for dinner...I'm salavating! YUM! Have a good one!

February 14, 2006 2:11 PM

 
Blogger Grace said...

Hey Trin,

I read here often but rarely post. I see that you are trying to have another baby...

I'm just starting for my first! I am so excited. Maybe we can test together?

February 14, 2006 3:02 PM

 
Blogger Leslie said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I am doing the exact same thing for supper oy! Got the roast, potatos and carrots in the slow cooker.

WE don't fuss over Valentine's day at all, but hubby did take me out for lunch!

February 14, 2006 3:12 PM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Trin!

My girl and I have exchanged cards and I've telephoned her in the US.

February 14, 2006 3:45 PM

 
Blogger jac said...

tonight i'll spend with my fur babies and perhaps order take-out since it's just me.
i hope you have a great evening with your family!
michele sent me!

February 14, 2006 4:01 PM

 
Blogger Michele said...

Stopping by to say hello....

I hope you have/had a glorious evening.

February 14, 2006 5:17 PM

 
Blogger Viamarie said...

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

February 14, 2006 7:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

baked beans!!!
Does that mean his head gives you gas?


Nope nothing special here going on.

February 14, 2006 9:20 PM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

No big plans here. My sweety had to work late. After a long day today I get him all to myself for 4 days! That's better than any Valentine!

February 15, 2006 8:57 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Thank PJ, Texas, Cube, Shelley, Capt, Jac, and Viamarie.

We also try not to spend more than $20 Becky!

Sure Grace! That would be great!!! Good luck!

I hope it turned out wonderful Leslie!

Thanks for stopping by Michele! What an honor...really!!!

Sometimes Day...heehee!

Very funny PJ!

How nice OGO!

February 15, 2006 9:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home