Life is Grand!!!

Monday, February 06, 2006

Busy Weekend

Well I'm back after a busy weekend! My diet was pretty much ruined (after a pizza buffet, a trip to Taco Bell, Pizza Hut's new cheesy bites pizza, and Super Bowl party food), but I'm hoping to do better this week.

We had a great Super Bowl party last night! I made up some potato soup and we topped it with cheese, sour cream, real bacon bits, and scallions. We also had hot dogs and polish sausage dogs...so good, especially when topped with cheese! Then for dessert, I made up some apple cobbler (which we topped with ice cream) and a coffee chocolate cake that my hubby and I cut and iced to look like a football (and that was topped with coffee ice cream).

We had a pretty small party of only 7 people, but I think it was the perfect size. Too many more and some of us would have to watch the game on the smaller TV upstairs (as opposed to the the big screen in the basement). My sister and her guy came and it was great talking to them and seeing them together...such a cute couple!

Okay, on to more important things...the Super Bowl commercials! I think my favorite one was for the movie Poseidon. I happen to love the original movie, The Poseidon Adventure, so I can't wait to see the remake!

Oh yeah, the Steelers won!!! Yeah baby! I knew they could do it!

So how did your weekend go? Any over eating occur?

13
Blogger BagOfNothing.com said...

did you like those cheesy bites? i really want to try them.

February 06, 2006 9:31 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

They weren't too bad! They had a special seasoning on them that I really liked. I don't think we will get it again since I don't think it was worth the money. But it's def worth trying BoN!

February 06, 2006 9:36 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a blast last night at my party here in PA. Lots of rowdy Steeler fans.

I have to go back and metally check through the commercials before I remember them all to pick a favorite.

February 06, 2006 9:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

some people wont understand this us being in t he detroit area we don't do football. Except when my son plays.

DO you mean I have to have a weekend in order to over eat?

I'm really hooked on buttered toast lately. I just don't know why, but lately I want it all the time.

February 06, 2006 10:08 AM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

I wasn't really invested in either of the teams this year so the game wasn't a big deal to me. Hopefully by next year we will have made some friends in our new town, then we can have a party too!

I'm glad you had fun!

February 06, 2006 11:34 AM

 
Blogger cube said...

BBQ ribs, cheese, hamburgers, cheese, beer, chips... the lightest thing we ate was stuffed grape leaves. But hey, what would a Super Bowl be without cheese?

A lot less fattening!

Glad you had a good one too.

February 06, 2006 12:16 PM

 
Blogger Sarie said...

Here via michele. Can I get the recipe to the coffee cake?

February 06, 2006 2:24 PM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Your party sounds so great! Wish there was one in Britain!

February 06, 2006 3:48 PM

 
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Gosh, you just made my mouth water. Pizza one of my favorites and hotdogs. Think will have to order too now. It just made me hungry.

February 06, 2006 6:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we had that pizza a few weeks ago, the delivery guy told me it wasn't going to look exactly like it did on the flyer, i was almost afraid to open the box, but it still tasted pretty good, who doesn't love cheese?
we don't get the commercials here that you get. i did love the original poiseden movie, didn't know they were remaking it.

February 06, 2006 6:48 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Just a weekend full of sleep. It felt good.

February 06, 2006 6:49 PM

 
Blogger Veronika said...

(In Homer's voice)Mmmmm..cheese!
I'm going to your house next superbowl!
I can't chose a fav commercial, as they were all great. I really loved the Stones bit at half time.
:)

February 06, 2006 8:56 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Glad you had fun Guru!

I don't do much football either Day...just the important games where my favorite teams are playing.

Gotta love the Steelers OGO! Heehee!!!

Sounds wonderful Cube!

I hope you got the link Sarah.

You'll just have to come to America for next years Capt!

Yummmmm, I love choc covered pretzels PJ!

You should order it FC...always good to try new things.

I thought it tasted pretty good too BSTS. I'd have it again...if someone else paid for it! :-)
And can't wait for the remake!!!

Sounds wonderful Barbara!!

Come on over Veronika! HA!!!

February 07, 2006 11:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home