Life is Grand!!!

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Stress...Already?

I have already managed to make my hubby upset today. He got me this great gift and all I should have done was be happy about it. But no, I was just too honest with him and I had to ask him if he kept the receipt (see numbers 8 & 9 with this post), after saying thank you of course.

So now he is upset and stressed out that he once again didn't get me the right gift. It's my own fault really. I expect too much.

See, this is why I hate celebrating my day. And I hope that next year he'll either not give me anything, or just take me out and let me buy something with him.

Btw, maybe I should have just waited a day to ask him for the receipt. Hmmmm...

14
Blogger loelsh said...

Happy b-day!

February 01, 2006 10:31 AM

 
Blogger loelsh said...

Oh, and I say keep the gift. It's your birthday present from your hubby. Don't worry for once about how much it costs and just let him do something nice for you. At least he remembered your birthday, which is more than some people can say, right?

If you weren't able to pay your rent, car payments, bills and groceries and he got you something frivolous, that would be different.

February 01, 2006 10:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See that is why I say expectations are just recentments in the waiting.

I think you should have just said thanks and left it at that.

I think that is why my husband never buys me anything.

February 01, 2006 10:57 AM

 
Blogger Mrs. T said...

Happy Birthday Trinity!

February 01, 2006 11:01 AM

 
Blogger Jana said...

Happy birthday!

February 01, 2006 12:15 PM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

Keep it! You deserve to get spoiled now and then! At least that is what my husband tells me when I complain about money he spent on me!

Happy Birthday!

February 01, 2006 1:26 PM

 
Blogger BagOfNothing.com said...

yup, us men are pretty sensitive and insecure creatures. we do our best to hide it, but it often comes out

February 01, 2006 1:33 PM

 
Blogger Pete said...

Happy Birthday. I'd say you could have waited a little bit before asking for the receipt. He likes to try to spoil you. Price is no object for the woman he loves, etc.

I think you should have tried to find the receipt on the downlow and then taken it back. Remember that episode of Friends when everyone found out that Rachel takes her gifts back and exchanges them every year? She got what she wanted and they were none the wiser!

February 01, 2006 9:04 PM

 
Blogger Chrixean said...

Happy Birthday, Trinity!

Well, looking at your hubby's side, he may have gotten hurt with your reaction. A gift is a gift, so just accept it. Like I told you before, best not to expect anything from husbands, really. If they get you what you want, then that's great. If not, let's just be happy that they even remembered to get us anything! There are women out there whose husbands completely disregard their wives' birthdays! (And i do have girlfriends who have this to complain about their hubby!)

Anyway, enjoy the day! Make peace with your hubby! :-)

February 02, 2006 12:40 AM

 
Blogger Bud said...

Becky sent me over too. Happy Birthday! It's really hard for us (guys) to get that stuff right. Be sure and praise him for trying.

February 02, 2006 6:39 AM

 
Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

Happy b'day!

And let me just say this. I was married and my ex-wife put exactly no thought and no effort into my b'day gifts one year. I had to go out and buy my own presents, wrap them for her and given them to myself at my "party" so as to not embarasss her in front of her family. This was after I cleaned the house, made my own b'day dinner meal, bought my own cake. So, please, appreciate the fact that your husband tried and actually got out there and got you something.

February 02, 2006 8:40 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I would love a gift card from him PJ!

I can't help but wonder about the cost Lo...it's what I do! I'm a real penny pincher.

Sometimes I wish he wouldn't buy me anything Day...would make for less stress.

Thanks Mrs. T, Jana, Barbara, Charm, and Meeta.

I don't like being spoiled OGO...that's the problem! :-P

Men are crazy BoN and Bud...heehee!

Thanks for agreeing Becky! I love gc's!!!

If price is not object Guru, then where's my birthday cruise? HA!

I was hurt with him getting it Chrixean...remember I did say that I didn't want him getting that gift for me-it was too much. But it's taken care of now! Thanks!!

Wow...you had it rough Michael! But I appreciate the thought...I just don't want the gift! Heehee!!!

February 02, 2006 3:34 PM

 
Blogger Veronika said...

Hey! Happy Birthday!! Whoo Hoo!
Here from Barbara's
:)

February 02, 2006 10:26 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Thanks Veronika!

February 03, 2006 10:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home