Life is Grand!!!

Monday, February 13, 2006

Decision Finally Made!

After 2 weeks of debating, my hubby and I have finally decided to have our son's birthday here at the house. We were thinking about having it at a second run movie theatre, where we would have paid for everyone's ticket. The theatre was okay with me bringing in a cake and I was given a special (and cheap) price for kid's combo packs (that had popcorn and a drink). We wouldn't have known what movie we were going to see till a week ahead of time since they don't even know what movie they are getting in. But, it would have only cost about $125 for everything (including food, tickets, paper products, and gift bags)...and I think that's a pretty good deal.

But we have decided to have our son's 4th birthday party here at home. We are cutting down on the people we invite, so we should have enough room for everyone. We are still going to do a movie theme, so I hope I don't go overboard on the decorations. And I might even make the cake myself to save the $18 on a large sheet cake.

We are going to have it at dinner time, but we are going to serve movie theatre treats. So, I don't think the food is going to cost too much if I am creative.

I am so looking forward to this! I love planning and celebrating my son's birthdays!!! And I've got less than 3 weeks to plan, so I'm off! Have a great Monday!!!

8
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you have ready my post all wrong. My hubby was the cause of most of headache this weekend!

Hopefully your party goes well. I'm sure your son will enjoy anything you throw. Kids love parties no mater how big or small.

February 13, 2006 11:46 AM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

I'm glad you have settled on a plan. Now the fun part begins!

February 13, 2006 3:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i started doing cupcakes for my kids birthday parties, i bake them up, buy some different candies and icings and then let them decorate it themselves. it's like a craft as well as cake time. i found that i would have this big cake and the kids would eat maybe one or two bites out of a piece, it was such a waste.

February 13, 2006 3:42 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

That sounds like a lot of fun!

We do cupcakes if we make our own, too. :-)

February 13, 2006 5:07 PM

 
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

I'm glad you've decided to celebrate it at home. Outside would be fine but of course they are children and they wouldn't love it if there are too many restrictions. At home they are free to move around. Children usually don't eat much on birthday parties. All they want is fun.

February 13, 2006 11:42 PM

 
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

Have a blast Trin! Crepe paper and balloons galore...so, what is the theme???

February 14, 2006 1:33 AM

 
Blogger Chrixean said...

That sounds like a great plan, and I'm glad you and your hubby have finally decided on it :-) I am having a difficult time deciding on where my son should celebrate his bday as well. He'll be turning 7 on March 19, and I wanted it to be a big deal by having it at a function hall, with a caterer and a magician, and some games and prizes -- if only it weren't so expensive! So i'll probably end up doing one here at home and one in his school... might end up to be more fun and less costly.

February 14, 2006 5:11 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I know PJ! He is not supposed to get any older!!!

Sorry Day, I did read it wrong! My bad.

We are having all those food items Texas, except for the pickles. I think we are doing pretzel bites instead.

Will do PJ! Thanks!!!

Oh yes OGO! Can't wait!

I prob won't let the kids decorate anything BSTS, but I might just have to do cupcakes instead of a cake. Thanks!

I might make cupcakes Jen, and then put them in the shape of a star (part of the theme).

We can't do it outside FC, way too cold! In fact, it just snowed again yesterday.

We are having a movie theme MC. I sent out movie contracts as invites and we will have movie concession treats for dinner.

Wow, that sounds like a lot Chrixean! But I think that home sounds great as well!

February 14, 2006 10:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home