Life is Grand!!!

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Producers

Image hosting by Photobucket

I really wanted to see The Producers after watching part of it at the Tony's. I laughed my butt off seeing the old ladies dance on stage...really funny! Then the movie came out, but we really didn't have the time to see it, and frankly, we forgot about it. So when I found out it was at the cheapo, I had to see it.

Image hosting by Photobucket

I was scared when it first started since I thought Matthew Broderick's character was really over acting. I understand that this was a theatre production made into a movie, but his performance was a little too much for me. It got better as the movie went on, so I ended up really liking the movie. My husband did as well. Since he used to be on the drama team in high school, he could appreciate all the work that was done in this production. My parents did not. They both didn't care for the movie at all and my dad just about walked out when Nathan Lane started singing. But in all fairness, I told them that the movie used to be on Broadway and that is was a musical.

So, my hubby and I really enjoyed this movie. Will we buy it when it comes out on DVD...probably not. Seeing it once was good enough for me, but it was def entertaining!

Btw, I had a hard time seeing Uma Thurman looking so cute, and singing so well! The last movie I saw her in was Kill Bill...where she kicked butt! And she most def didn't sing in that movie!!! Heehee!

Image hosting by Photobucket

7
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't seen either. You recommend though?

February 08, 2006 8:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm not sure if this is one i want to see or not.

February 08, 2006 9:09 PM

 
Blogger BagOfNothing.com said...

i saw a clip of will ferrell as a pigeon dude and it totally cracked me up.

February 09, 2006 8:31 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

The Producers was pretty good, but it has a lot of sexual humor in it Day. And Kill Bill is full of violence and blood...def not for kids.

If you could see it for free, I'd say go for it BSTS.

It was quite funny BoN!!!

February 10, 2006 10:01 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Cant wait to see this one! Thanks for the review!

February 12, 2006 12:52 PM

 
Blogger archshrk said...

I've only seen the original movie and found it fun - not sure if the new one is aas good or better. Uma is one of my favorite actresses right now. She's suprisingly versatile.

February 13, 2006 12:43 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Hope you enjoy it MrsG!

Uma is wonderful in the movie Archshrk! If you like her, you should def see it.

February 13, 2006 9:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home