Life is Grand!!!

Thursday, August 10, 2006

13 Movies

Thirteen movies Trinity13 and her hubby could possibly see this weekend.


1. Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby-My hubby would love to see this one cause it looks retarded.
2. World Trade Center-I'm not sure if I'm ready to see a 9/11 movie yet, but I'd rather see this than #1!!!
3. You, Me and Dupree-I haven't seen a comedy in a while.
4. Superman Returns-Even though I've seen this twice already, I'd love to see it one more time while it's in theatres.
5. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest-My hubby and I have yet to see this movie. We didn't watch the first one till it was out on dvd, so we might just do the same with this one.
6. Click-Looks like another great comedy...and I love Adam Sandler.
7. John Tucker Must Die-Hmmm, I'd rather see Talladega Nights before this one.
8. A Scanner Darkly-Keanu Reeves as a cartoon...very cool! Plus, it was originally a book that Philip K. Dick wrote (he also wrote Minority Report-a fantastic movie!!).
9. My Super Ex-Girlfriend-I love Uma, but this looks like a stressful movie to me (just like all Ben Stiller movies)...but ya gotta love a love-sick superwoman!
10. The Break-up-I like happy endings, so I'd better not see this one.
11. The Night Listener-We could go see this movie for a Grey's Anatomy/Sandra Oh fix!
12. Miami Vice-My hubby has already seen it, so I don't have to waste my time on this one.
13. The Lake House-I would really love to see this love story with Keanu and Sandy!

Of all these movies, which one would you suggest that my hubby and I see this weekend on our trip away?

Other 13ers




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged!



11
Blogger loelsh said...

Well, I want to see You Me and Dupree, but guru doesn't. I know your taste in movies is more similar to guru's than mine, so I don't know how you'd like it.

I would just suggest seeing something that neither one of you has seen yet.

August 10, 2006 10:31 AM

 
Blogger Carmen said...

i think pirates would be a good choice, if just for the Depp factor. :)

August 10, 2006 11:53 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

Talladega Nights is supposed to be very funny. Even the Wall Street Journal thought so.

It was funny to read their review because they kept referring to people by proper names. Mr. Ferrell did this, or Mr. Cole did this. Good times had by all.

August 10, 2006 11:59 AM

 
Blogger Lynn said...

DH and I saw My Super Ex-Girlfriend last weekend and it was very funny. However, it should be rated something like PG-17.....not so much language as all of the um, sex scenarios.....definitely not for young ones! Several people have told us they had a good time at Talladega Nights and You, Me and Dupree. We loved Pirates although it does leave you hanging.....The Break-up was funny but depressing....too much arguing....funny that they are engaged now! I want to see the Lake House but don't think DH would care for it. Hope you find one you enjoy! Thanks for stopping by.

August 10, 2006 12:29 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Ooh, a movie, how fun!

We've been so busy lately, we haven't seen ANYTHING!

Thanks for stopping by my birthday 13!

August 10, 2006 12:51 PM

 
Blogger Jana said...

You already know which one I'd suggest. If you go, say hi to Orlando for me.

August 10, 2006 2:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My super ex is one of the worst movies i have ever seen. DO NOT waste ur money.

August 10, 2006 4:09 PM

 
Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

While I can't tell anyone if they're ready to see it or not, I was, and I thoroughly Stone's "World Trade Center" . it's just a great story of true American heroism

August 10, 2006 6:21 PM

 
Blogger Lisa said...

i am dying to see you me and dupree. if you watch that one, you will have to let us know how it was!

August 10, 2006 6:55 PM

 
Blogger Becky said...

I have to admit that in reading your list and seeing what I've seen and not liked compared to what I've intentionally not seen, I realized what a lame movie summer we've had...even if Pirates 2 is saving the box office revenues from being disasterous.

August 15, 2006 1:57 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Thanks for all your recommendations! The WTC movie we ended up seeing was fantastic! And we still plan on seeing The Lake House while it's at the cheapo theater.

August 17, 2006 11:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home