Life is Grand!!!

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Go Back To Work?

Thirteen things Trinity13 has been thinking of concerning going back to work for the autistic boy's family.


1. First off, it's really good money! I would be able to take care of my large car payment if I watched the autistic boy two days a week for two hours each day.
2. But I would have to rearrange my schedule for those two days. It would just go back to the way it was last spring when I watched him last.
3. The autistic boy has wonderful parents!
4. But since his mom just had her baby not too long ago, she is now a stay-at-home and her hubby is on paternity leave. So, what's the point of me working when they are both home?
5. When the dad goes back to work, I can see where the mom could need me. She now has her hands full with an infant.
6. But, they have the schedule covered if I don't want to go back to work for them. They would love for me to come back, cause they love me :-), but it's not necessary at this time.
7. The autistic boy doesn't do well with change, so if I never go back, I hope he would be able to adapt with the new schedule.
8. Since I'm in my third trimester, my hubby doesn't want me working for them. The job can be demanding at times, and the boy can be violent, so my hubby doesn't want to risk my safety.
9. The autistic boy was hospitalized just last week because of his crazy and violent behaviors, so right now wouldn't be the best time for me to go back to work for him.
10. But, he is now on 4 different types of new medications, so he should be calming down soon.
11. I've thought about just going back once a week to get a little bit of extra income. And if I only went once a week, I think the boy would be better behaved for me.
12. Even if I decide not to go back when I'm pregnant, should I go back after the baby is born? Or wait till the new year? I just don't know if I should watch the autistic boy anymore.
13. It's has been wonderful helping this great family while getting paid, but I'm not sure if it is for me anymore. Even though my hubby loves the extra income, he doesn't want me to work for them anymore. I just don't know if I should talk him out of it.

What do you think?

Other 13ers




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged!



16
Blogger Pete said...

I don't vote for going back now. I just have this horrible vision of him throwing a tantrum and punching or kicking you hard in the stomach. Even if you were careful, it only takes one time.

I know I sound like Oz, but you asked!

August 03, 2006 11:27 AM

 
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

I can see both sides of this, but I get the feeling that in your heart, you really don't want to go back right now. I think, I would listen to your heart.

August 03, 2006 11:34 AM

 
Blogger Changed by His Love said...

You have to do what's best for you and your family, so I will be praying for you as you make this decision; it's not often easy.
My TT is up!

August 03, 2006 12:21 PM

 
Blogger Norma said...

Lots of things to think about. You and hubby will hopefully agree on a solution to make your little the top priority.

My TT is up.

August 03, 2006 12:30 PM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Only you know the complete situation, Trin, and will be able to make the right decision.

August 03, 2006 1:03 PM

 
Blogger Carmen said...

think of your health and the baby's health first, and everything else is gravy.

August 03, 2006 1:27 PM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

In my humble opinion you should not do it. You have your hands full already and sometimes the extra money just isn't worth it.

August 03, 2006 1:39 PM

 
Blogger tbirdonawire said...

I agree with the others. I'm sure the parents will understand.

August 03, 2006 3:23 PM

 
Blogger Kendra said...

I think you should listen to your hubby. You're pregnant, wait till the baby is born and things settle down for you and then see if it works out. Plus if he's violent, that could be a bad situation for you and the baby. Good Luck! I hate making big decisions.

August 03, 2006 4:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should get rest while you can. Did you forget how busy your life will soon be???

August 03, 2006 6:25 PM

 
Blogger Becky said...

That's a tough call, but I would probably avoid watching the kid until after you the baby. Best not to cause undue stress to yourself or you child, in case anything happens.

August 03, 2006 6:44 PM

 
Blogger Lisa said...

Ok, I do see both sides of this picture. But In my opinion, I would wait until the baby is born at least. I know he is probably a wonderful kid, but you dont want to risk anything. Let us know what you decide to do. Great 13 by the way.

August 03, 2006 8:04 PM

 
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

I think your hubby is right. Good pay yes, but good health and stress free while your nearing your full term is best for you. I'd say even after the baby is born it wouldn't be right. Your hands will be full also with your little one. Your family is your priority first and not others. You've given them your good service already and it's time they look for someone else.
My TT13 is up too.

August 03, 2006 9:43 PM

 
Blogger Lynn said...

My nephew is autistic and I know he is a handful. My brother and his wife usually need to hire a separate baby sitter to watch him, and then another to watch their other young children. I can see where you might want to continue but with your pregnancy I would think it would be very tiring. It also might be upsetting for the boy having you coming in and out of his life....I know change is difficult for them. I hope you make a decision that works best for you and your family.

August 03, 2006 10:00 PM

 
Blogger Raggedy said...

I agree with your husband. I don't think you should go back. Take care of you!

My TT is up

August 04, 2006 3:32 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Thanks for all your advice everyone. I think I'll def stay home right now. I just feel a little bad about not going back...and I'll have to get over that. I might try to watch him again maybe in January.

August 08, 2006 10:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home