Life is Grand!!!

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Ready For The Day

Ahhhh, I feel so much better today. Yesterday I just felt like poop, so I rested while the boys played right in front of me. It on those types of days I realize just how well behaved the boys are...they are the best!

I just didn't feel like doing anything yesterday. I had a really bad sore throat, a little cough, and I felt sick. I pray that it's not the start to some big nasty summer cold-I hate those!!! But like I said, I'm feeling much better today. I got a decent night's sleep for once and I think I can make it to 3pm for my afternoon nap (instead of 7:30am like yesterday).

Btw, I happened to love Lady in the Water, but then again, I knew I would. M. Night has yet to put out a movie that I don't like. My hubby actually enjoyed it as well. He really sympathized with the main character, Cleveland Heep-both are in apartment maintenance. (We laughed several times just because Heep was doing something the exact same way my hubby would-like straightening up the pool just so.)

I know that this movie, just like The Village, got terrible reviews. But that's because I think the movie critics compare all of M.'s movies to The Sixth Sense. I won't do that here. Instead I will compare Lady in the Water to Signs. :-) Just like in Signs, you have to believe in things outside our world. Plus, in both movies, there really is no twist. Both don't have a lot of major action scenes, but Lady in the Water kept my attention the entire time. I loved all the unique characters in the film and the role they played in helping out the water nymph. The film critic tenant was a nice touch as well.

This movie is like a bedtime story for adults. If you don't want to be told a story/fairy tale, simply don't see the movie-it won't be for you. However, if you are a fan of M. Night's movie, Signs, I think you would enjoy this movie. It's def not my fav of all his movies, but I loved it no the less and I plan on buying it when it comes out.

9
Blogger BagOfNothing.com said...

did you like the M. Night movie Wide Awake with Rosie O'Donnell? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120510/

July 25, 2006 9:34 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I have actually yet to see that movie...I wanna get it sometime from Blockbuster.

July 25, 2006 9:46 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

Glad you are feeling better.

I liked Signs all right, but it was definitely my least favorite of his movies. We'll see how my schedule shakes down if I get to see this one in the theater.

I have to go see "John Tucker Must Die" first!

July 25, 2006 2:03 PM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Thanks for the review, Trin.

'Signs' always seemed the weakest of his movies, but all of the others have been really good. I'll be looking to see 'Lady In The Water' when it opens here.

July 25, 2006 2:47 PM

 
Blogger Becky said...

Movie tastes are so subjective and no two people like the exact same things. I've been debating on whether to see this, but another blogger I read liked it a lot too, so I may have to check it out with those things that you mentioned in mind. Liking or disliking a film always comes down to our expectations and whether or not they were met.

July 25, 2006 2:49 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I am envious that you go to the movies! It has been EONS for me!!!

July 25, 2006 11:59 PM

 
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

I'm glad you feel better today. I have had days too when I thank my stars that I can rest while the little princess plays right in front of me.

Did you know that this movie was based on a bedtime story he told to his kids? I think that watching as a movie on it's own merit instead of comparing it to others, I will enjoy the movie.

July 26, 2006 10:56 AM

 
Blogger War Eagle said...

Lady in the water looks cool. BTW, saw clerks 2 yesterday. Awesome movie. will do a full review later in the week.

July 28, 2006 4:57 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I loved Signs Guru!!!

Wonderful Capt!

I hope you are able to see the movie soon Becky!

We go about every other month DW...I love it!

I try PJ! :-)

Yes, I did know that TC. It's an incredible story.

Looking forward to reading it War Eagle.

August 01, 2006 8:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home