Life is Grand!!!

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Baby List

Thirteen things Trinity13 needs to be before the baby comes in October.


1. My hubby and I need to get the baby crib out of storage and set it up in our son's room. We do have a 3 bedroom home, but one room is a play room and I don't have the heart to make it anything but a play room...so my son is getting a roommate.
2. I need to clear a space for a pack-n-play in the playroom. It's currently in my son's room, but it needs to be moved so the crib can go in there.
3. I need to find the inserts for both my pack-n-plays. I haven't see them since we moved, but they would be great to have so that I don't have to bend over as much to lay the baby down.
4. I need to go through my son's two sets of dresser drawers and clear out some space for the new little one's things.
5. There are about 5 storage tubs of my son's old clothes that I need to go through to find all the newborn items.
6. I need to see if I will have the appropriate sizes for the season for the baby since my first one was born in March and this one will be here in October.
7. I would love to buy just a few new items for the baby since really I don't need a baby shower...I saved everything from our first baby. I'd like to get a new thermometer and a pacifier medicine dispenser.
8. I'd also like to get some "I'm the little brother" things...like a few bibs and a shirt or two.
9. I need to stock up on diapers. I haven't bought any little itty-bitty diapers in four years.
10. I would love to have some diapering stations set up throughout the house. With our first son, we had a ranch (with no basement), so all we had to do to change a diaper was to take him into the next room. But now that we have a two story, with a finished basement, I'd love to have a changing station on every floor.
11. I need to wash out the baby car seat and swing. I'm assuming they are full of dust from the lack of use for several years.
12. I need to get a new one of these.
13. And lastly, I need to prepare myself for having a tiny one in my house again...one I can't send home unlike the other boys I babysit for...one that could keep me up in the middle of the night...but one that will multiply the love in our home!

Other 13ers




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged!



16
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Phew! Those are lots of things to do. Are you sure you can manage all that? Take it easy.
Thanks for dropping by.

July 20, 2006 10:52 AM

 
Blogger Jana said...

I still have a diaper station on each floor of the house, and my "baby" is almost 20 months! It's definitely a good idea!

July 20, 2006 11:48 AM

 
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Wow a lot of stuff to get done, but it is so exciting too!

July 20, 2006 11:55 AM

 
Blogger craziequeen said...

Oh, the fun of preparation combined with expectation! :-)

cq

My TT is up!

July 20, 2006 1:07 PM

 
Blogger Becky said...

You were smart to have kept all the stuff from the first baby. I can't count how many people I know that "start over" with each one. Crazy!

July 20, 2006 1:40 PM

 
Blogger Warm Fuzzies said...

A new baby is so exciting! Sounds like there is a little nesting going on! That is so sweet that you are keeping the playroom, and letting your little ones be roommates. I did exactly the same thing, and it has worked out fantastic. It makes the two siblings so much closer, and you rarely have bedtime issues.

Great TT!

July 20, 2006 1:41 PM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

The diaper shops are on alert!

July 20, 2006 2:46 PM

 
Blogger Pete said...

You may not need a (baby) shower, but you should let people throw you a little something anyway.

People like to buy stuff for babies!

July 20, 2006 2:46 PM

 
Blogger Jennboree said...

OH man. Your post just made me panic all over again for what I need to get ready for my own baby.

ACK!

Though it is nice to have another baby of the same gender, isn't it? At least for $$ sake? :)

I thought it was funny that you just put a link to the nipple shields you need.

July 20, 2006 2:51 PM

 
Blogger Lisa said...

This brings back some memories. I must admit I didnt know a number 12 existed. If I would have, it might have made things so much easier. I bet you are getting so excited. I am excited for you. I didnt do a 13 this week, but thought I would stop by and say hi anyway! Have a great day.

July 20, 2006 5:15 PM

 
Blogger Lisa said...

P.S I played in your trivia today. I must admit, I dont feel quite so smart today. LOL!

July 20, 2006 5:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make sure you get plenty of rest! I am not ready for another one for a looong time!! My husband was talking about it the other day how he wants a daughter and I was like..NO SEX ! LOL

July 20, 2006 6:02 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Gosh, your post brings back memories about getting ready for a little one. Remember, when stocking up on diapers, get size 1 or 2. They barely wear those newborn diapers (if at all) before they are out of them.

Hey, also I want to stick my two cents worth in. LOL. Twice I have tried to pair a newborn up with a toddler. It didn't work either time. Newborns (I think) are too restless and disturb the older ones. Also, the older one always wants to know what is going on in the crib. Maybe other people have had it work out well, but my experience, no way.

July 20, 2006 6:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember those days.
It'll all come together before you know it.

my tt is up

July 20, 2006 8:09 PM

 
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

For the man, labor usually starts in the seventh month.

July 22, 2006 11:18 AM

 
Blogger Jen said...

That sounds pretty reasonable, I love the idea of diaper stations.

I also love going through the tiny baby clothes.

Thanks for stopping by, we're still having tummy troubles. :-0

July 22, 2006 2:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home