Life is Grand!!!

Thursday, July 06, 2006

I'm Going To Prison!

Thirteen things about Trinity13's prison weekend.


1. That's right, I'm heading to prison this weekend.
2. Several hundred of us are heading in 13 different prisons throughout central Ohio.
3. I'll be picking up several prison platform guests today from the airport. Among the guests will be a from Dallas Cowboy cheerleader, a bowling ball juggler, WWF wrestler, a magician, several retired NBA and NFL players, singers, high-wire walker, etc.
4. The platform guests/entertainers will perform in the prison yard while sharing their testimony with the inmates.
5. I'll be heading to 8 different prisons since I'm a driver for two of the platform guests.
6. Then teammates (that's what I'm called) will also share with the inmates...we have a special track that really helps the inmates understand God more.
7. This is a no pressure opportunity for the prison inmates to finally have a relationship with our Lord.
8. Two years ago, this prison ministry had 54,000 inmate decisions for Christ!
9. This weekend, with all the prisons we are going into, we will be able to share God's love with over 12,000 inmates!!!
10. The chaplains and wardens love seeing us in the prisons since it reduces the rate of repeat offenders.
11. This will be my mom's 25th prison weekend, but she plans on attending hundreds more! She loves it!!! She originally thought that she was going in to help change the lives of others, but really she found out how much this ministry has changed her life.
12. This will be my first weekend (and PJ's as well!!), and I'm very excited!!!
13. I'm outta here for most of today, and all tomorrow and Saturday...so have a great weekend everyone. I know I will!!!
(Btw, thanks Lo for watching the boy for us tomorrow!)

Other 13ers




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged!



11
Blogger Pete said...

Cheerleaders and NFL players? Hmmm, tell me more. I need to get involved in this kind of thing!

July 06, 2006 11:31 AM

 
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Great TT, I have to say that is a much better reason to go to prison than the usual ones. What a great thing to be doing.

July 06, 2006 11:36 AM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

That's fabulous! What a great thing to do. I hope it goes really well!

July 06, 2006 11:51 AM

 
Blogger Barbara said...

Sounds like you have a busy schedule this weekend, but a very rewarding one! Do come by and visit and read my 13.

July 06, 2006 11:59 AM

 
Blogger Jen said...

That's so cool!

Tell us all about it when you get back!

My T13 is up!

July 06, 2006 1:09 PM

 
Blogger Jana said...

Wow, what an exciting ministry! My brother worked with kids in juvenile detention for a while and loved it. Have fun and I hope there are lots of decisions for Christ.

July 06, 2006 1:31 PM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

That's a good thing to do, Trin. I'm sure they'll let you out for good behaviour.

July 06, 2006 3:33 PM

 
Blogger Susan said...

I love this!!! I have friends involved in Kairos prison ministry and they say it's the best thing they have ever done. Sounds like you'll be very busy. I'll be praying for the entire event. I hope you'll post an update here as well.

My TT is up here.

July 06, 2006 4:23 PM

 
Blogger Chrixean said...

That's a cool ministry. We haven't really strengthened this ministry in our community yet,so I'd look to hear more about your trip!

God bless!

July 07, 2006 12:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be looking forward to your post about your experience. Now this is good stuff!

July 09, 2006 5:41 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Yes you do Guru!!!

Thanks TC, OGO, Capt, Chrixean, and Day.

Will do Barbara and Jen.

What a great weekend we had, huh PJ?!!!

Thanks for the well wishes Jana!

Thanks for the prayer Susan...much appreciated!

They are fantastic OZ!!!!!!

July 12, 2006 9:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home